Unitwins: Protectors (SISTERLY floof) Unitwins: Protectors (SISTERLY floof)

(this

This is platonic fluff ok

I don't ship them)

The Unitwins, as they had been called, had just turned eight. Nothing much had changed; They'd gotten a few books for their birthdays, as well as a copy of the bible each. Their Aunt Jennifer thought that, since they were unicorns, that they wouldn't believe in God like she thought everyone should. So she gave them each a rosary on their sixth year, which she thought they would be able to use and they still didn't know how to do so, and now a bible.

Jennifer thought they should be good Catholics, so she put them in a Catholic private school. The twins, their entire lives, were made to wear a hood over their ears and horns to hide them, and to dye their hair a mousy brown so they would look like humans. Jennifer even had them cut their tails short to hide them, and wear skirts all the time, to do the same.

Of course, Mirrira didn't mind the whole 'Tails cut short' thing. Her long tail got in the way of her dancing, she'd always get her hooves tangled in it.

That is where we'd find the twins today; er, sort of. They were coming home from the studio, dance bag and violin case in hand. Mirrira still wore the disco-ballet outfit from her practice, and was happy; the studio was the only place where either of the sisters could feel safe. Mirrira could dance without being ridiculed for not dancing 'the right way', and Crystahl could just get lost in her music, get lost in her own compositions.

"Sis?" The younger turned to her twin, an expression of pained curiosity on her face. "What's going to happen when we're ten?"

"What do you mean?"

Crystahl turned her head. "Aunt Jennifer made her kids get part-time jobs when they turned ten. She hates us though, I don't think that she would want us to get our own money. What's she going to do with us?"

They'd arrived at the house. Mirrira edged closer to her younger sister in a protective manner, ready to be beaten or yelled at as soon as they entered the house. "I dunno, but I do know that we'll stick together."

"Where the fu(n)k (jenny no) where you two b(ea)ches?! I needed you home to make dinner ages ago!"

The twins were silent. Jennifer knew where they had been; If she needed them home to make dinner she could have just gone and gotten them herself, or told them to be home a little earlier. No, Jennifer just wanted to see them in trouble.

Their grandmother came into the room, placing a hand on Jennifer's shoulder and murmuring to her softly. "My child (ye granny toriel), they simply got lost in their art. Little ones, go change your clothes. I made your favourite for dessert!"

The twins rushed upstairs, but not fast enough. As they entered the room, they heard their aunt: "What do you mean, their art?! That stuff the older one does can't be considered art, it's ridiculous!"

Mirrira's eyes filled with tears. Her sister threw her hooves around her, Crystahl's warmth comforting the older twin. "Don't worry. If she sends us away when we're ten, she can't send us to a place with worse people than herself."

"And we'll protect each other..."