Uberglitch kinda: Twins!? (fluff? i dunno)

His wife was dead. His daughters had survived.

As rare as it was, it wasn't impossible to have a unicorn and a human mate with each other. It just wasn't very common. He'd done it, but his wife had gotten pregnant, hadn't survived childbirth.

The baby twins looked just like her.

Crystahl and Mirrira,he'd call them. One shone like a crystal, the other practically reflected her mother's beauty. Their names had a bit of a unicorn twist, seeing as they were both more unicorn than human, but that wouldn't matter.

Jennifer scowled, looking over Ubercorn's shoulder at the twins. "Are those the hell spawns that my damn sister made?"

Ubercorn forced himself not to cry. "They're not hell spawn, Jennifer. They're unicorns."

"There isn't a difference. They're not human, which no one should be. Horses with pointy things on their heads, they are."

The older twin, Mirrira, began to squirm in her blankets. Her eyes opened, burning green with a fire that made her look as if, even though she was barely a few days old, she knew the insult. As if she wanted to blast her aunt for insulting her, her sister, and her father.

But of course, she couldn't. She had her Father's defect; she couldn't create magic. Nothing major, anyway. Maybe a spark, but nothing more.

Ubercorn hugged his daughters close to his chest, rocking the eldest twin to sleep and making sure the other didn't wake. "Didn't Lily ever tell you about my defect? I couldn't do magic if I tried. These two probably have the same thing. If they look different, its not like they could ever hurt anyone with magic."

A soft knock on the door caught the attention of the unicorn and his hateful sister in law. "Can I come in?"

Jennifer smiled, throwing open the door and hugging the handsome young man in the doorframe. "Grayson, dearest! Do make yourself at home, I've been ready for you!"

"Jennifer. I'm already dating someone. Don't try to make advances on me, and don't try to insult Ubercorn and his daughters. They're family."

Jennifer left the room soon after, shock at the rejection mixing with anger at her sister and brother in law. Grayson, meanwhile, was gazing lovingly at the twin unicorn foals in his friend's hooves. "C-could I, you know..."

"Hold them?" Ubercorn laughed. "Sure."

He handed the younger of the two, Crystahl, to Grayson, who cradled her as she began to wake. Her bright green eyes met his brown ones, a hoof unraveling her swaddling a little as she reached out for him. Grayson, in return, brushed his fingers over the red hoof, glancing up at his friend. "Who are you planning to keep them with?" He asked. "Jennifer, maybe?"

"I feel like I should leave them with family, but Jennifer hated them and they don't exactly have a complete set of grandparents." Ubercorn sighed. "I don't want to leave them with my side though, because they'll be seen like outcasts too. The best choice is to leave them with their grandmother.

" the other thing, though, is that Lily's mom lives with her sister. There's no way to escape her, is there?"

Grayson stared down at the cheerful, bubbly infant in his arms, then at her twin. He didn't think either foal should be left with someone who thought they were demons for not being the same species as them. And even though Ubercorn said they would be outcasts in the Unicorn realm, they would also be outcasts here; the sisters would likely be ridiculed for not looking like the other kids.

Finally, he responded. "I don't think we'll be able to be with them at all if we're at the Academy. We can ask Jennifer and her mother if they can send the fillies to the Go Jet Academy when they're old enough, that way you can keep an eye on them and they'll be educated. Plus, they'll be away from ridicule, since most of the cadets have seen unicorns before because of you."

Ubercorn smiled sadly. "You're right. I'll go make the call. Jennifer can pick them up in a bit; I need to go.."

*so yea. The twins are about fifteen years younger than Foz and Tala, so they're actually born before when I think glitch and ubercorn would get into an official relationship. Ubercorn's wife, Lily, has just died, since most humans don't survive giving birth to unicorns, but the twins survive. My head canon is that the unitwins arrive at the gja before the next generation of GJs, so they're in their second year by the time the NGJs are in their first.

Ubercorn, I think, does stay at the academy to help foz, and does see his daughters go on their missions and have their squabbles, as twins do. They're essentially what glitch and ubercorn himself were when they were young. However, the unitwins are only told about their father in their graduating year.

In their early years, the unitwins were treated roughly by their aunt for not being the 'right species' or 'right religon'. Jennifer sent them to a christian school, and had them trim their tails and hide the leftover that they couldn't cut off, as well as dye their hair a mousy brown and wear hoods to hide their ears and horns. The only thing that Jennifer couldn't hide were the fillies' hooves, which were always different. Glitch was right, they were teased a lot for their differences, as well as their preferences in music (crystahl liked disco music,while the rest of the students, excluding her sister, liked calmer classical) and dance ( well somehow mirrira managed to make a mix between ballet and disco, which she was bullied for doing).

When the twins were eleven, which I head canon the starting age for the GJA to be, the girls were sent off to the Academy like they always had been, but the dye was washed out of their hair. They still wore their hoods though.

Ubercorn recognised his daughters of course, but they didn't recognise him, as they hadn't seen him since they were foals.

Ah there I go again

Looks like I'm making a book on their life now*