The Bump that led to Everything

(Reader POV)

I just left my compartment with my "friends" there. We've been together, having fun since the first and second year. Then, all of a sudden, they decided to ditch me! They called me an annoying know-it-all. I felt the tears threatening to come out. So, I took out a book on boggarts to distract myself.

Unbeknownst to me, I walked into someone and fell on the ground. He was really tall and strong, so he didn't fall. Instead, he helped me up.

"Sorry... I really am sorry... didn't see where I was going... sorry..." I muttered quietly.

He chuckled softly, "It's fine... I'm Remus by the way... Remus Lupin.".

"Y/n y/l/n." I smiled shyly.

Suddenly, an obnoxious voice shouted, "Quit it lovebirds!".

I knew him, Sirius Black. He was so notorious for flirting with everyone, and I mean everyone. He even flirted with Professor Dumbledore!

"And hi there, pretty." Sirius gushed. I rolled my eyes.

"Hi... Black." I said dryly.

"Cute." he winked.

"That boy has so much confidence..." I said, crossing my arm, "He's way too proud.".

The stout boy behind them laughed. "Finally a girl who doesn't fall for Sirius!".

"Why? Do you want her Pete?" smirked a messy-haired boy with circular glasses, "I'm James, by the way,  and the boy behind me is Peter.".

I smiled, "Hi.".

"Anyways, where are your friends? We practically know where every 3rd year sits... you are in our year right?" James asked.

"Mhm." I nodded, "...But my friends ditched me.". "I guess I'll have to find a place to sit by myself!" I laughed sadly.

Remus saw right through my smile and said sweetly, "You can sit with us if you like...". 

I looked at his friends, unsure of what they would think. Sirius was smirking and nodding vigorously, James smiled and Peter gave a thumbs up.

"Ok... Thanks, Remus." I said nicely.