No Trace

Michael was at work all day off task and then his boss approached him. She touched his shoulder and he jumped. She felt bad about what happened and didn't know what else to do but apologize. Michael looked at her and shook his head as he stood up.

Michael: Uh uh.. No. You better get away from me right now because whatever you have to say doesn't matter anymore. You may as well fire me or I will quit.

Michael said holding up his hand as he shook his head.

Lisa: Michael wait! I came here to apologize to you about what had happened and I didn't know how to make up for it. So until I think of something-.

Michael: No! Stop it! You think that saying 'sorry' is going to help fix my marriage? No! I'm done!

Michael said pushing her hand away from him and walking away.

Lisa: Michael! Oh God.. What have I done?

Michael slammed the door behind him and stayed away from Lisa all day long. Michael checked out and slammed the door to his job and left an angry letter behind. Michael got into his vehicle and began driving home.

Michael: I can't wait to get home.. I need to do something for Suzanne. She's been in that bathroom for a week now..

Michael stopped and pick something up for Suzanne. He didn't care how much it costs he just wanted his baby back. Michael went home and slowly crept up the stairs because he didn't want to scare her if she came out. He opened the door and to his surprise, the bathroom door was wide open but Suzanne was nowhere in sight. Michael sighed and went to take a shower.

Michael: She probably went to LaToya's..

Michael got in the shower and stayed in for a long time. He stayed in there thinking about how bad he messed up, how bad Suzanne, and how badly this would affect their marriage. Would she want a divorce? Would their child grow up without a father? Michael started to cry which added an extra five minutes to his shower time. Michael got out and wrapped a towel around himself. He opened the drawer to get his pajamas out but what terrified him was that none of Suzanne's stuff was in there.
Michael quickly got dressed and ripped out all the drawers looking for at least one pair of Suzanne's clothes.. Jewelry.. Anything of hers. Michael tore open the closet and ripped out all of his clothes. Michael began to tear the house down looking for a trace of Suzanne but he couldn't. Not even a shoe.. Michael took a quick spin around himself and collapsed in the midst of the chaos.. He began to cry over the loss of his love. Michael stayed there for what seemed like hours and then fell asleep. It was all unintentionally brought to this point but it was also because of him and his decision.. All he could think about was if she were alright and where she was at this very moment.