Mother & Michael

I take my pills everyday, but nothing happens.. I'm really starting to believe that something is truly wrong with me. Why am I not getting morning sickness? Why am I not feeling different? What is wrong with me? What is going on? Well, I have a week left to take these pills and I'm done. To be honest though, I'm getting sick of taking these pills.. I hate medicine period.. Speaking of which, it came today.. Now I know I'm not pregnant. I'm just glad it's Friday.. Michael doesn't work on the weekends.. But Friday is a weekday in his boss's book. I'm sad that he has to leave me alone again.

Michael: I Love You Suzanne.

Suesie: I Love You too Michael.

I said then I kissed Michael goodbye. I watched him leave and I waved. I have been really down lately.. I'm actually depressed.. Why isn't anything working? My phone rang and now I always let it go to voicemail.

'This is the Jackson residence, please leave your information here and we will get back to you. Much love and God bless you.'

Beeeep!

Katherine: Hello sweetheart, this is your mother.

I picked up the phone.

Suesie: Mrs. Jackson, it's so nice to hear from you! How are you doing?

Katherine: I am fine. I called for you, I want to spend the day with you.

I stared at the phone in disbelief.

Katherine: Hello? Are you there?

Suesie: Ma'am?

Katherine: I said I want to spend time with my daughter.

Oh my.. She actually used the word 'Daughter' to describe me! I'm so happy right now.

Suesie: Yes ma'am. Where would you like to meet?

Katherine: Call me Mom from now on okay?

Suesie: Yes ma'a-.. Mom..

Katherine smiled on the other line.

Katherine: Come over my house and we will have fun there.

Suesie: Alright Mom, I'll see you in ten minutes.

I said then we hung up. I couldn't stop smiling. I drove to Mom's house and knocked on the door. She answered almost right away and embraced me with a hug.

Katherine: Sweetheart! I'm so glad to see you.. How are you?

Suesie: I'm doing.. Alright I guess.. And I'm glad to see you too.

Mom's smile turned into a slight frown.

Katherine: What's wrong sweetheart?

She said as we sat down onto the couch. I looked down for a while and had my hands on my knees.

Suesie: Michael & I have been trying to have a baby for almost a month now and I'm just not producing for some reason.

Katherine: Oh my sweet girl..

She said embracing me in a hug and I started to cry.

Katherine: I'm sorry to hear that you can't have a child but the time may not be right. Maybe that's God saying that it's not the right time.

I looked at her with tear stains.

Suesie: I don't think so momma.. Sometimes I wonder why Michael even loves me.. Why did he even marry me? Why did he-.

Katherine: Hush now.. That's no way to talk. Now Michael loves you and he proved it by marrying you. That's not all either. He wants a family with you and has a steady job that allows him to support his family.. Now tell me that ain't true..