14. Can I Sleep With You?

"What are we gonna do with all this free time?"

Will looked up from his phone. "Hmm?"

Ash, lying on his bed and staring up at the ceiling, glanced over. "We have all day tomorrow. What are we gonna do?"

Will tilted his head and turned off his phone, tossing it on to his bed and leaning back in his chair, folding his hands behind his head. "Sleep in," he said, giving him a duh look.

Ash huffed a laugh and sat up, meeting Will's gaze. "I mean besides that."

Will blinked.

Ash grinned. "I know what you're thinking..." he began.

"Do you, Ash?" Will said, his voice a low purr. He leaned forward, allowing a catlike grin to curve his lips. "Do you know exactly what I'm thinking?"

Ash swallowed, his cheeks flushing bright pink. "Maybe?" he squeaked. "I mean, no? Yes? What do you want me to say?"

"I don't want you to say anything," Will said, leaning back again and reaching for his phone. "Never mind."

Ash exhaled softly and jumped from his perch on his bed, belly flopping onto Will's phone and peering up at him.

"Oops," he said. "I think I just fell on your phone, and now I'm too tired to get back up. You'll have to reach for it."

Will blinked, then rolled his eyes and pushed himself off the chair, reaching for Ash and tickling his sides gently. Ash gasped, his eyes going wide, and squirmed, laughing. "Stop!" he yelped. "Ah! Stop!"

"Too late," he said, his lips close to Ash's ear. He pressed his body onto Ash's, and his fingers stalled. His eyes fluttered closed, and he inhaled deeply. Ash smelled like the hotel soap and the faint tang of sweat, but beneath that...

"You smell so good," Will mumbled, leaning closer and nipping at Ash's earlobe. Ash shivered, arching into the touch. "Like...I don't know. A little lemon, and..." He breathed in again. "Sandalwood?"

"Mmm," Ash gasped, his breathing ragged. "I...can't think..."

"Why not?" Will mumbled, biting his ear again gently. Ash groaned, shuddering, and rolled over, staring up at him, his eyes wild.

"My phone," Will said pleasantly.

"Must have forgotten it," Ash breathed. "You'll have to get it."

Will grinned. "Is that a challenge?"

"Do you want it to b--"

Will didn't let him finish, instead capturing Ash's lips in a kiss, sliding a hand behind him and grabbing his phone, pulling it out and moving away with a soft laugh.

Then Ash grabbed the collar of Will's shirt and tugged him back down, kissing his roughly. He didn't release his grip until Will dropped his phone with a thud to the floor and gathered Ash against him, climbing halfway onto the bed and running his tongue over the seam of Ash's lips until his mouth parted, and then their tongues and teeth and lips clashed.

Will grinned against his skin, lifting his head slowly, trailing his tongue up along Ash's throat. Ash's chin lifted with the movement and they fell back against the bed, Will on top of him.

Then Ash lowered his head and crashed his lips against Will's, and he closed his eyes and surrendered himself to the sweet, sweet feeling of Ash's lips moving against his, Ash's body pressing against his, Ash's fingers digging into his shoulders and making him gasp.

He surrendered himself to Will.

~ ~ ~

"Hey, Will?"

"Hmm."

"Can I sleep with you tonight?"

Will looked up, arching a brow.

Ash's cheeks burned. "Oh. Um. That's not what I--"

"I know," Will interrupted, smiling and reaching down to ruffle Ash's hair. Then he left his hand there, his fingers lost in the dark-ish brown strands. "I know what you meant. And yes." He tilted his head. "Can I ask why, though?"

Ash puffed out a breath and closed his eyes, trying not to focus on the feel of Will's deft fingers tangled in his hair. "Um. I didn't...after I went back to sleep with you, I didn't have any nightmares."

"Oh," Will said. "Makes sense." They were both lying on top of Will's bed, but Will was reading something on his phone and Ash had just been lying there, his head pressed to Will's chest, listening to his heart beat go thu-thump, thu-thump, thu-thump.

It was a nice sound.

Ash closed his eyes and breathed deeply. "Thanks."

"Hmmm...."

Ash looked up, reading Will's phone. He squinted against the bright light of the screen. 

"Winston Kade, Age 41, ran over Riley Adams, 17, on Thursday, June 21, 2020. Witnesses claim that Winston's car swerved from the lane into Riley when he was with his best friend, William Kade. He was convicted guilty and put in prison for fifteen years."

Will inhaled slowly and turned off his phone, reaching over and dropping it on the bedside table. "It's getting late," he said, his voice rough. "We should get some sleep."

"Wait." Ash grabbed Will's wrist. "Is...Riley was your boyfriend, right?"

Will tensed, then nodded stiffly.

Ash bit his lip. "Do you...do you need a hug?"

Will stared at him incredulously. "Do I what now?"

"Need a hug. Whenever I was feeling sad, my Mom used to come in and--"

"Ash," Will said, stopping him. "Sometimes..." He laughed softly and shook his head, pressing a quick kiss to his lips before pulling him in for a tight hug, burying his face in the spot between Ash's neck and his shoulder.

Ash blinked, then hugged him back, closing his eyes and breathing in his scent. He smelled like the ocean, like the salty tang that always accompanied the briny waves and barnacle-crusted rocks.

"Whenever you want," Will mumbled, his low voice reverberating in Ash's mind, "you can spend the night at my place. If it helps, I can even go to your house sometimes."

Ash didn't say anything, but he knew that wasn't going to ever happen.

- - - - - - 

Did you like? Vote and comment pls!

Q: Favorite anime character?

A: Todoroki. Definitely Todo.