13. Fire

The sarcophagus was cool, and they snapped a few pictures of it. But Ash couldn't concentrate on anything, adn his mind went blank when Will's fingers brushed his arm when he was reaching past him to grab something, or when he laughed softly at a stupid joke Ash made.

"H-hey, Will?" Ash stammered after they'd gotten their last picture of an old skeleton of a dinosaur. Will glanced at him, chewing on his lower lip.

"Hmm?"

"I--I never actually said I was..." He hesitated, then braced himself and plowed through. "I never actually said I was straight." He said it so fast, it sounded like he'd said "IneveractuallysaidIwasstraight."

Will blinked. "Huh? You'll have to slow down."

Ash bit his lip. "I--uh. You just assumed. I never said I was straight." This time, he made sure to slow down an enunciate his words.

Halfway through scrolling through music on his phone, Will froze.

Slowly, he lifted his gaze to Ash's. "What do you mean?"

Ash pressed his lips together. "You...you said I was straight earlier, and...I never told you that I was. Straight, I mean."

Will drew his brows together. "Are you...not straight, then?"

Ash hesitated. "I...I thought I was," he said. "But then...I don't know. You came out, I guess, adn I realized that I might not be as straight as I thought I was."

Will's jaw dropped, showing a rare moment of absolute, uninterrupted shock.

Ash shifted uncomfortably and rubbed the back of his neck, glancing around. They were alone in a secluded hallway, near the back of the museum. Tristan was nowhere to be seen, and they had no intention of looking for him.

"Are you...are you saying that..." Will's jaw worked as he tried to force the words out. "Are you saying you're gay."

It wasn't posed as a question, more of a statement that was demanding something from him. Ash swallowed hard.

"That...depends," he said hesitantly.

"On?"

"On whether or not you like me. In that way, I mean."

Will went rigid. "And if I don't?"

Ice crept through Ash's veins. "I--uh. I don't--"

Will took a step forward, his gray eyes looking faintly wild. "Ash," he said, his voice husky. "I swear, if you're just pulling my chain right now..."

"I--Will, I don't--" He swallowed hard, taking a step back as Will took another step towards him. His back knocked against the wall, and he found his gaze dragged back to Will's lips, again and again, even as he fought to keep them on Will's eyes.

"Ash," Will growled. "Tell me you're joking. Tell me you're lying to me right now."

Ash licked his lip, then finally gave up the struggle and stared openly at Will's full, pink, enticing, beautiful, dirty mouth--

"I was always taught not to lie," he whispered, dragging his gaze up to Will's eyes.

Will gasped quietly, then took another step closer and braced his hands on either side of Ash's head, his palms flat against the wall. He was pressed tightly against Ash, and Ash could feel just how hard he was in every inch that rubbed against him. He could feel Will's thundering heartbeat, hear his ragged gasps as he slid a hand beneath Will's shirt, past that ever-present jacket, and slid his fingers along Will's bare skin. He dug his fingers in, just slightly, and Will gasped again.

Ash slowly lifted his eyes to Will's again. Will looked crazed.

"Tell me," he said roughly. "Tell me that you aren't lying. Tell me that you aren't straight. Tell me you want me."

Ash shuddered. "I'm not lying," he said, his hand traveling higher, hitching Will's shirt up. "I'm most definitely not straight." He leaned forward, arching upwards until there was only an inch between his lips and Will's. "And I want you so bad it hurts."

Will's breath caught, but before he could say anything else, Ash kissed him.

The effect was immediate. It was like fire, racing through his veins and claiming every inch of him as Will grasped Ash's shirt in his fist and pushed him harder against the wall, groaning softly. Ash dropped Will's shirt, looping his arms around Will's neck and digging his fingers into Will's shoulders, gasping and pulling himself impossibly tighter against Will. He was hard against him, and Ash moaned softly when Will nipped at his lower lip and tugged gently, laughing softly when Ash wrapped his legs around Will's waist.

"Is this good?" he breathed against Will's mouth. "I've never kissed anyone before."

"It's great," Will replied, pushing Ash against the wall and sliding his arms around his waist. he fingered the waistband of Ash's jeans, and Ash shuddered and arched into his touch. "I'm glad I'm your first."

Ash laughed huskily, his eyes sliding half-closed when Will's fingers slipped to his navel and teased at his zipper. Will leaned down and pressed a kiss to Ash's jaw, then the column of his throat, then his collarbone, then pulled aside the neckline of his t-shirt with his nose and kissed his shoulder. Ash groaned and ground himself against Will, a silent plea for him to go on.

Will laughed breathily. "God, Ash..."

"What?"

"You're so..." Will seemed to search for a word, and when he came up empty, he growled in frustration and captured Ash's mouth roughly in a kiss. 

Ash gasped, digging his fingers harder into Will's back as the other boy's fingers slid beneath Ash's shirt and slid up his skin, going flat against his stomach when Ash pushed himself harder against Will. Then his fingers traced a line down his stomach, and he nearly moaned.

The noise seemed to snap something in Will, and he yanked back with a gasp, his eyes wide. He stumbled back.

"Ash...?"

Ash pressed himself against the wall, his own eyes wide. He knew that if he looked, his hands would be shaking. Slowly, he lifted his hand and covered his mouth that was still tingling from Will's kisses.

"Oh my God," he breathed. "Oh my God. My dad's gonna kill me. He'll kill me."

Will didn't respond. He was staring at Ash, and his Adam's apple bobbed as he swallowed.

"Did you--" he finally said, but his voice cracked. "I mean, why...did you really want to do that, or were you just--"

Ash blinked a few times, as if trying to clear his vision. "I--I don't know," he breathed, and Will stiffened, but Ash hissed in a breath. "No, that's not what I--I didn't--" He growled in frustration and dragged his hands through his air, trying to stop them from shaking. "I...I really like you, Will."

Will pressed his lips together. "But not like that."

"No. Exactly like that."

Will's eyes widened. "I--really?"

Ash nodded, biting his lip. "And it...it scares me, a little, because my dad is about as homophobic as they get..."

Will sighed softly, his shoulders slumping. "Oh my God," he breathed. "And here I was, thinking..."

"Thinking what?"

"That...I don't know." Will shrugged one shoulder. "I don't even know."

- - - - - - 

Vote and comment if you liked it! The description was pretty good, huh?

Tell me what you think!

Q: Ever kissed anyone? Been kissed?

A: *sighs* My parents are the only one who can claim that honor...on the cheek...

Edit: YALL PLEASE FORGIVE ME I WAS SO CRINGEY IN ALL OF THIS OH GOD

ALSO LMAOOOOOOOO IVE KISSED LIKE SEVEN PEOPLE AND ITS ONLY BEEN LIKE A YEAR SINCE I PUBLISHED THIS