Chapter 1

«Team 7»

"Sasuke, um..are you mad at me or something?" Miyuki asked hesitantly. The boy had been ignoring her when she spoke to him, only staring intently at her when he thought she wasn't looking.

"...Hn."

"Oh. Okay."

The two last Uchiha were walking to school, brand new hitai-ates gleaming on their foreheads.

Looking around, Miyuki gripped the orange goggles hanging around her neck tightly. There were some old people that just.. needed her help. Unconsciously, she began walking towards them, only stopping when Sasuke grabbed her and yanked her back by the collar.

She pouted and flicked his nose, grinning at the annoyed face he made.

"D'you think we'll be on the same team?" Miyuki asked.

"It's against the rules to have two kids of the same clan on a genin team," Sasuke replied quietly.

Miyuki hummed, disappointment flashing in her eyes.

"No fair."

There was a pause.

"..Is too."

Her eyes widened slightly, eyebrows shooting up and glancing at the usually stoic boy whose cheeks tinted pink, his eyes trained on her with a childish glint in them.

She narrowed her eyes. "Is not."

"Is too," he insisted.

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is-"

"Oh my poor Sasuke-kun," Ino cried, latching onto him. "Is Miyuki causing you trouble? I can get her to go away."

Sasuke's face melted into one of impassiveness. "Hn."

Miyuki snickered. "Drastic change, no?"

Shaking Ino off his arm, Miyuki missed the small smile on the corner of Sasuke's lips.

::

"Team 7," Iruka called. "Uchiha Miyuki, Uchiha Sasuke, and Uzumaki Naruto."

Sasuke's face became relieved whilst Miyuki's eyes narrowed and trailed upwards towards the ceiling.

'So someone pulled the strings, huh. I'll take a million ryo guess and say it was him. Nii-san warned me about him.'

"Iruka-sensei, how come a genius like me has to be on a team with a slug like Sasuke?!" Naruto exclaimed, leaping onto the desk indignantly.

Discreetly, the ravenette rolled her eyes at him.

"The teams had to be balanced, Naruto. Sasuke got the top scores in the class, while you, Naruto, got the worst."

Raising an eyebrow, Miyuki spoke up, drowning out the laughter of the class. "Isn't it a bit overkill to expose Naruto like that? You're supposed to encourage him, not humiliate him."

Iruka paused, blushing in embarrassment. "Right. Sorry, Naruto."

Miyuki snorted quietly. Damage was done anyways.

"Anyways, onto the next team... Team 8, Aburame Shino, Hyuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba..."

The top kunoichi felt a burning glare on her back, making her turn slightly.

'Ah, Haruno Sakura. Second best Kunoichi. She got onto team 5, huh? She must be mad that I got onto a team with Sasuke.'

Realising she'd zoned out, she tuned back in just in time to hear the last team be called, making the new generation of the Ino-Shika-Cho trio.

"Alright, your jounin senseis will be here to pick you up shortly. Good luck!" Iruka called, disappearing.

Miyuki stood up and went over to Sakura, tapping her on the shoulder. The pinkette jolted, staring at her in surprise.

"Uh, you do know that Sasuke and I are cousins, right?" She questioned uncomfortably. "I could feel you glaring at me."

Sakura went dark red, jade eyes wide. "O-Oh, really?! S-Sorry! I-Um, I guess I just thought that since you were close..."

Miyuki deadpanned. "We have the same last name."

"Ah. True."

Smartest kunoichi, huh? Miyuki was almost scared to ask what all the other girls were like.

::

"Where is he?!" Naruto screeched furiously. It had been three hours since Iruka had left, and team 7 was the only team left in the classroom due to everyone else getting taken away by their jounin instructors. "That's it, I'm gettin' my revenge!"

He stood up and grabbed the chalkboard eraser, leaping up onto a desk to stick it into the gap between the wall and the door.

Smirking at the action, Miyuki's vision trailed to Sasuke who didn't even blink.

"As if a jounin would fall for that," Sasuke grumbled.

Miyuki grinned, eyes wide. "Bet."

There was a pause where Naruto glanced at the two ravenettes. 

"..Hn. 50 ryo."

"Deal. Oh, here he comes."

Feeling a chakra signature approaching, she sat back, smile wide on her face.

The door swung open and the eraser hit the top of the silver-haired jounin's head.

Miyuki's smile dropped, her face contorting into a cold glare.

She knew this man.

Hatake Kakashi.

The man who killed Rin.