Chapter Six

Frida was driving through the small path between the forest that connected the highway with her house. The sun had already set more than an hour ago and now it was dark, only the car lights were illuminating the way. It wasn't until she reached the esplanade that she could have more visualization. The moonlight was reflected in the great lake Kottlasjön, Benny's house lights were on and some other solar lamps illuminated the surroundings, including her house. That morning she had agreed with Benny to meet at her house, but she had to do some last-minute things and she took longer. She hoped Benny wasn't upset about it. As soon as she parked the car she got out and quickly entered her house with Zappa behind her. She looked for the light switch on the side of the door and turned them on. She took a look, her house looked acceptability tidy. She went straight to the kitchen and washed her hands before turning the coffee maker on. She made her way to the cupboard and took out a box of Lavazza Qualitá Oro, an Italian coffee, "You're the chosen one," She thought and rushed to prepare the coffee maker before going to search her cell phone to call Benny.

Around five minutes later, Frida opened the principal door and saw Benny with a perfect smile. "Did anyone order freshly baked cookies?" Benny said as picking a box up from his lap.

"You read my mind," Frida laughed softly, "Hello again, Benny. Come in, please." She said stepping aside and letting Benny get in first. "Welcome, make yourself home," She added shyly.

Benny took a quick look over all the room and suddenly he felt wrapped by Frida's vibes. He could swear that in every detail was her seal. Everything felt too cozy and he had barely entered.

"Thanks, it's very... cozy,"

"Thank you," she answered shyly.

"And it smells delicious to coffee, it's Lavazza, isn't it?"

"Exactly! How do you know? Is it you spying on me again?" She asked playfully which made Benny laughs softly.

"Well, my mother consumes it all the time, the smell is very familiar for me." After a while, Frida went to the living room and handed Benny his cup of coffee. "Thank you, Frida"

"You're welcome. I think it's too hot so be careful," She said softly.

"So if my tongue gets burning it will be your fault." Benny said and they both laughed.

They both felt confident to joke with each other, it was as if they had known each other for a lifetime. "Oh, wait! Before I forget it, I have something for you," Frida said getting up from the couch and putting her coffee cup on the center table. "Give me a second, I've left my handbag in my room"

Benny saw Frida walk away and open the door from her room, and all of the sudden the curiosity flooded him. How would Frida's room be like? Would it have her scent? Frida's scent. Another wave of chills ran through him. What was that woman doing to him? He couldn't think much because at that moment she left the room with two envelopes in her hand.

"Here you have," Frida said as sitting down and handing him the envelopes, both perfectly decorated.

"And, this is—"

"The invitations for the art exhibition, one is for you and the other one for your mom, it really would be a pleasure if you could join us  and... it would make me very happy," She said smiling in such a way that her nose wrinkled tenderly.

"Of course! Count on us," He said smiling back, "Besides, you've conquered my mother,"

Frida blushed, "Oh, it's not a big deal, she's a lovely woman."

"Maybe it's coincidence, but she said the same about you," said Benny in a deep voice which made Frida feel a chill going down her spine. She cleared her throat up before speaking: