Chapter Three

Benny was watching movies in the living room. It was around 6:00 p.m. He had been there the whole afternoon. That morning he had met Frida, his neighbor and, after a little talk of presentation, she retired. Benny entered his house and in less than five minutes the maid arrived. Her name was Marianne, she was a pretty little 50 year old blonde woman. She had been with him since a year ago and Benny appreciate her. It's been half an hour ago she had retired and now, he was sitting in front of the television. The movie was coming to the end when someone rang the bell.

The door was made of  glass, just like the doors leading to the terrace, except that, this one had a wooden frame and was covered by a beige curtain that covered the view inwards. When Benny removed the curtain, he found to his best friend, Björn, and opened the door quickly. "Hey, Björn!"

"Hey, man! You look awesome!"

"I will believe it just because it comes from you". They both laughed. "Come in, please"

"Thank you" Said Björn walking in and Benny closed the door behind them.

"Why is the honor of your visit?" Benny asked.

"Well, I couldn't get lost for anything in the world knowing your new house. By the way, it's amazing, you made a great job"

"Thank you man, I think designing houses is my new hobby." Both laughed. Björn sat on the couch and Benny went to the kitchen. "Would you like to drink something?" Benny asked.

"Do you really have alcohol? I thought you couldn't drink because of the medication."

"Well, from time to time I need a drink," Benny said serving Whiskey to Björn.

"And a woman," Björn said laughing softly.

"What about it?" Benny asked coming back to the living room and giving the glass to Björn. He parked the wheelchair on the right side of the sofa where Björn was sitting.

"Well, you know what I mean... it's been two years," Björn pointed up raising an eyebrow and sipping whiskey.

"Sure, and who would like to have sex with a paralytic like me?" He said bitterly.

"Come on Andersson, don't be rude with yourself."!Björn said trying to cheer him up. "What happened with that matter? Once you mentioned you could make it work."

"So is," Benny snorted. "I got an erection which, according with the neurologist, is a big achievement."

"And that's fantastic, even for you although you seem selfless."

"And according to you, what's the advantage of it?"

"Oh man, you know this won't last forever and that, at any moment, you will walk again," Björn said hopefully. "For now, if you get a woman, she could take control, you know— up."

"And make a fool of myself as a completely useless mannequin?! No, don't even dream it, there's no way." Benny said sighing. "I don't want to know anything about any woman."

"Not all are like her" Björn pointed out seriously. "Christina was..."

"Enough!" Benny interrupted him. "I don't want to talk about it." Benny ran a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Okay, okay," Björn replied taking a sip of whiskey. "Woah, and who's her?"

Benny turned his gaze to Björn's. One of the curtains in front was open and could see outwards; and Frida was there. She was wearing black sportswear and her hair was in a high tail. She wore Zappa with a leash, maybe she was going for a walk. "Oh, she's Frida, my neighbor, I met her this morning," Benny said without taking his eyes off of her.