XIX

A/N I can't quite remember if anything happened after what happened in the last chapter so I'm going straight to the exam thing. Also I can't remember everything that happens in general so just bear with me here please. I will try my best.

Y/N's Pov

I'm extremely excited and nervous for today. We had our provisional hero licensing exams today and, despite being highly prepared and skilled enough to do this, I was anxious about what was actually going to happen - not just to me but my classmates as well. I mean will they pass too or will there be some challenge that they don't succeed at?

We all boarded and the bus and as we were sat there, me next to Katsuki, I started to pace my breathing and slow it down so that I would be calmer. I mean there was no need to worry, right? I'm the strongest in my class and I have six quirks technically so there's no way I wont be able to pass any test they throw at me. It'll all be easy as pie. I don't understand that expression though. I mean pie isn't exactly easy to make from scratch. The hardest part is finding a good recipe to make the crust with. Off topic.

The bus eventually pulled up to the place that we would be taking the exam at. As we got off the bus, another school was also getting off of their bus. I'm assuming that their teacher knew Aizawa-sensei since she had immediately run over to him and started flirting and joking with him. I laughed at his obvious discomfort. At the same time, the class had come toward us as well and I immediately felt Katsuki grip onto my hand. I looked up at him with a smile and his scowl softened. Obviously he still kept his expression on since we were in public.

I noticed this black haired guy go up to Izu and shake his hands very excitedly. I laughed at Izu's awkwardness since he never really developed social skills growing up since he never really had many friends. I smiled and walked over, going to help my brother out.

"Hey, Izu. Hi, my name's Midoriya Y/N. Nice to meet you." I put my hand out to the boy politely and calmly. He takes it with a slightly more energetic version of my behaviour.

"Oh, siblings! I'm Shindo Yo. Nice to meet you too." He smiled at me politely and I heard a growl from behind. I nodded and pulled away, going back over to Katsuki as Izu anxiously shuffled back to Shoto.

We entered a hall filled with thousands of other heroes in training. I looked around in awe at all the other people here and all of their quirks. We listened to a very tired man that kind of reminded me of Aizawa explain how the exam would work.

Only 100 people would pass the first test. Basically what the exam was, you had six balls and you had three targets placed on your body. You could put them wherever you wanted just not under your armpits or on the soles of your feet. You then had to hit the targets with the balls to deactivate them. Once all three of your targets were hit, you were out. To pass the exam, you had to be in the first 100 people to get two people out. In other words, you only have the amount of balls you'll need to win.

Everyone got their balls and targets and started placing their targets on their bodies. I decided to put mine in a triangle on my chest so that no one would be able to sneak up on me and get me out. I noticed another student with purple hair doing something similar. No one else had the intelligence to do so. I was mildly surprised that Izu hadn't placed his more strategically.

I approached the purple haired guy to introduce myself.

"Hi. My name's Midoriya Y/N. Nice to meet you." I put my hand out for him to shake. He glanced at me with eyes filled of distrust before he gave in and took my hand.

"My name's Shishikura Seiji. I go to Shiketsu High. Why are you introducing yourself to me?" I smiled a bit and shrugged.

"I'm not sure. You seemed to be the only other person here with some form of intelligence to not just randomly place your targets." I smiled and walked off to find my classmates in the sea of aspiring pro heroes. I was excited for this now since I knew I was going to ace this part.

The walls around us fell and everyone went off in their own direction. We all travelled collectively as a group. We meaning me and my class. And just like that, it has begun.

__________________

A/N I'm so sorry this one is shorter than some of the others. It's also not as great in quality. I just wanted to get something out for you guys to read. By any chance would anyone like to do about 20 hours worth of French work for me? I've also got like three or four Welsh booklets to work on. Truly sorry about not updating. I hope you are all safe and well. On a lighter note, it's my birthday in about 11 days! (6th June.) Kinda sad that I'm spending it in quarantine since I'm not a big fan of my family at the moment. Over 8 weeks with them is not going to do me any good. I do hope y'all are getting on well enough with your families anyway.