XVI

After dinner, the girls and I went to the baths to relax. The boys were beside us and could probably hear our conversations but it wouldn't matter since they'd probably be having their own. I was sat, almost fully submerged, only my head poking out of the water. Earlier, Kota told me that he'd stay at the top of the wall, making sure any perverts (Mineta) weren't looking at us girls. Honestly, that boy is far too precious for this world.

We were just having an idle conversation when Mineta tried climbing the wall to look at us. I heard explosions, a dead giveaway Katsuki didn't want him perving on me. I sighed as I got out of the baths, grabbing a towel to wrap around myself. I didn't want anything to happen, even if Kota was up there, I was not taking any chances. I sat on the edge, waiting for Kota to let me know it was fine. What I was not expecting, however, was for Kota to look over at us and fall backward out of shock. I immediately go up and dressed as quickly as possible, knowing one of the boys would most likely grab him and take him to one of the Pussy Cats.

As I suspected, Kota was taken to Mandalay and Izu was with the other two people.

"Is he okay? I know he fell but I don't know the exact details." I cam in and sat beside Mandalay, putting my hand against his forehead just as my mother did to me when I was younger. I softened my eyes and looked to Mandalay for answers.

"Midoriya here caught him when before he hit the floor and brought him here. He seemed to have passed out from the shock of falling from so high up. We're not sure though." I nodded and Izu spoke up.

"I'm sorry to ask this but why does he hate heroes so much? It's unusual for a boy his age to not look up to heroes." Mandalay sighed and began explaining.

"His parents were pro heroes. They were his idols and he loved them. Then one day, they were killed in the line of duty. People say it's a noble way to die but to him, it wasn't. All he saw was that his parents were murdered. Since then, he's hated all heroes. And he's only here because he's got nowhere else to go. He even hates us. If he could, I think he'd leave this place and go somewhere else." I frowned and looked at the unconscious boy whose been through so much at such a young age.

"If he wants, he can visit me sometimes. He seems to have warmed up to me a bit. I'll have to make sure it's fine with Shoto since we share an apartment but I think it'll be fine for him to stay with me for a few days in the holidays if he's cool with that. And only if he wants to of course." I said. Mandalay looked at me when I said this and she smiled.

"You're too kind. I couldn't ask that of you." I shook my head and smiled.

"I don't mind, I'm experienced with kids. I've got a neighbor who's really young and I occasionally babysit her sometimes. It's really no hassle." She sighed.

"Only if it's alright with whoever else you live with. And of course, if Kota wants to."

"If Kota wants to what?" Pixie Bob came in with a tray with tea on it. She set it on the coffee table beside me.

"Midoriya here said that she'd be willing to let Kota stay at her place for a few days in the holidays. I agreed since he seems to have taken a liking to her and I think it'd be good for him to experience new places." Mandalay explained while I stood idly off to the side. I leaned on Izu as he blushed slightly since he was basically naked, only wearing a towel.

"You should probably go get some clothes on, Izu," I said as he nodded and left the room.

The next day, it was extremely difficult and straining training for everyone else while I was sat at the side with a cup of tea in my hands. I wasn't in the Hero course so I didn't have to do any physical training. I just had to stand by in case anyone was injured.