Breathe Again

Jayla

I woke up and tried catching my breath. "Bae, you better not be ova' there having a wet dream when you can get the dick anytime."Khalid mumbled to me as he turned over on his side.

"Shut up fool, no one was having a wet dream."I stated while smiling. Thank god that was only a dream, because it damn sure felt real as fuck.

"Mhmm, take your ass to sleep."he spoke before he drifted back into his sleep. I don't even feel like going to sleep anymore. Instead, I decided to watch over Khalid.

'Weird ass dream' I mumbled to myself.

*

I got up and did my daily hygiene. That fufu ass dream I had scared the fuck outta of me. Khalid walked in with a couple of Ty's pictures. He smiled lightly to himself as he sat down.

"I remember that day she took that picture, she had that pretty pink bow in her head."I smiled while staring down at the picture. Ty was definitely a beautiful little girl.

Khalid looked up at me and nodded his head. "She looked so beautiful; but what was wrong with you last night?"he asked.

"Nothing."I responded quickly. "Do you want frosted flakes or fruity pebbles?"I asked trying to reach up to the top of the pantry.

"Fruity pebbles, and don't lie to me Jayla you know I hate that shit. Tell me what was wrong."

"I had a dream that you tried killing yourself over Ty's death."I sighed.

He rubbed his temples but then stood to his feet. He wrapped his strong pair of arms around me and kissed me. "My baby is in heaven with her mother, killing myself won't make her come back."

I pulled away, but it feels good to know Khalid indeed has common sense. "I know Khalid, I'm just telling you what I dreamt about. That feeling was so fucking painful."I stated as I handed him his cereal.

"Don't worry about nothing Jayla. I'm more than okay, trust me baby." I kissed his lips and then watched him lick his lips. Thank god I woke up from the dream because lord knows I wouldn't have took it well if I hadn't.

Khalid

"What up bruh"I dapped Ya-Ya. Ya-Ya has been extremely busy, I haven't seen him since like 3 months ago. Dude didn't want to stay down here in the ATL, so he moved up there to Cali with his folks.

"Shit man, sorry about your Ty."

"As a man I'm living through it."I replied bluntly.

"Nice to know. My sister been holding you down since it happened, huh?"

I laughed and nodded my head. "Even afta' I put her through so much, she hold it down for a nigga. Ian complaining."

"You barely find some loyal females these days. But how you plan on taking kilo and Shay out?"

"We ain't doing no simple killing, this shit finna be the greatest killings in America."I widely smiled.

"Aight. So you got any plans yet?"

"Nope. My Mexican man, Pablo, waiting for about 2 weeks then we making a move. His ass got caught with weed, good thing his lawyer a damn hoe. She sucked the judge dick."

Ya-Ya fell out, shit I did too. Wish my lawyer was a damn hoe and had the mouth of an angel to get me outta some shit.

Jayla

"Maybe these dreams are warning you."my mom told me as she finished her cup of coffee.

"Warning me about what? Kilo and Shay are supposed to be out of the state."I spoke, hoping I was 100% right.