In deep

Y'all comments gave me life👏👏! That's why I decided to update. Please, check out my other series of books. I would highly appreciate it. Add me on snapchat@ dvpehoney. Add me on twitter@ tmichelle7 or torimichelle7.

Jayla

"I've been looking for jobs."I told Shay as we entered 'Forever 21'. She looked at me and shook her head.

"Why you looking for a job? I told kilo about you, he said he could give you a job down there at the club."I frowned.

"A club? No offense, but the life I'm living is fine."I spoke serious.

She snapped her head back, I knew where this was about to lead. "So what you trying to say Jayla?"she asked with much attitude.

'That stripping is something low' I thought inside my head. Yeah, you gotta make your money, but there's always other ways to do it.

"Nothing Shay."I answered looking at some of the winter clothes. She stared at me for another minute before searching for clothes. I honestly didn't mean to offend her but stripping was nothing for me.

Khalid

"Ya know Jayla cousin?"my cousin, kilo asked me. I looked up and nodded my head. I had finally got Ty to go asleep and I was praying to god that she stayed asleep.

"The loud mouth one, right?"I asked.

"Yeah her. I told her that I could get ole' girl a job down there at the club."My blood began to boil. Ain't no way in the hell is Jayla about to expose her body for some money.

"The club? Do you not care for Jayla?"I asked.

"Why you mad? Jayla can handle her own!"Kilo spoke as he lit a blunt.

"Put that shit out, my daughter upstairs sleeping."He shrugged.

"Like she can smell that shit while sleeping."I clenched my jaw and felt myself go from 0 to 100.

"I don't fucking care. Have some respect for her."I spoke knocking it out of his hands.

We began wrestling around on the floor, Kilo reached into his pocket but my mind wasn't on that. I was heated about him not caring about my daughter, his own cousin. So what if she was sleep, she could've easily woken up. Ty has sensitive health issues. He pulled his gun up and fired it. It hit my stomach, I screamed out in pain. I hoped Ty was asleep because no where in the world would I want her to see me like this. Kilo knelt down beside me and punched me one good time in the face.

Jayla

I rushed through the hospital, hoping Khalid was okay. I had got a call saying that I needed to get to the hospital quick. I was hoping it was something really minor and nothing major. I was about to ask the lady for Khalid's room number but Ty ran into my arms, I could tell she had been worried.

"Hey baby! What happened to daddy?"I asked.

"I don't know. Kilo wouldn't tell me."she answered with a worried tone, staring down at the ground. I rubbed her shoulders and walked over to Kilo.

"What the hell happened, ki?"I asked.

"I don't fucking know. I found his ass like that."he answered shaking his head, his feet was swinging swiftly. I shook my head also, but trying to figure out who would do this to Khalid. The doctor came out with his clipboard.

"Family of Khalild Porters."Me, Kilo, and Ty stood up. "By the grace of god, we were able to remove the bullet before it caused him to die. He's fine, he might feel a little nauseous though but by morning he should be well. He requested for his daughter Ty'quaya and ex-girlfriend Jayla."I picked Ty up.

"That's us."I spoke.

"Farewell, follow me."he spoke. I waved kilo goodbye as he left. I hoped that Kilo would find out who did this.

Khalid

That medicine had me gone but thank god I remembered everything. I smiled as I watched Ty come in with a smile on her face. Jayla looked like she'd seen a ghost, I knew she hated seeing me in this condition. Shit, I hated it too.

"How you feeling?"she weakly smiled as she stared into my eyes.

"Fine."I managed to say while staring back. Her eyes were a hazel brown, and her smile,!was the smile of a goddess."Do you know who did this to you?"she asked.

I nodded my head, she was about to speak until Ty got in the bed with me. She layed down under my arm, not the side I got shot at though. She got comfortable, I could tell she was sleepy. Which only meant she was gone ask questions in the morning.

"It was kilo."I spoke messing with Ty's hair.

"Kilo?Huh? He asked me, and said he didn't know."

"He lied. Some shit had went down back at my house."

"Like what?"

"He told me how he was gone get you a job at the club. I got mad and he began smoking a blunt--."She cut me off.

"Smoking? Doesn't he know about Ty's health issues?"she asked mad and loud. I nodded my head.

"He didn't care. He said she sleeping she can't smell shit. I wasn't mad about the fact he was getting smart with me, I was mad about him knowing about Ty's health issues. My damn daughter could've stopped breathing from his ass."I spoke through gritted teeth.

She rubbed my arm and rested her head on mines. "What you gone do?"she asked messing with my twists.

"I don't know. But best believe ima murk his ass. Fam or not, you don't mess around with my daughter thinking shit cool. He know damn well he wouldn't have done that shit if Ny'asia was still alive."That was true, Kilo was scared of my babymom's, he knew she didn't take no mess when it came to Ty.

"I'm here for you."she spoke.Silence soon fell in.

"You love me?"I asked hearing Ty's low snores.

"Khalid--."This time I cut her off.

"Do you love me?"I asked.

"Yes Khalid."she answered.

"That's all I wanted to know baby."

-------

👏👏 I got through another chapter!!Round of applause for me!! Please comment and vote!!