The Other Potter: Book 7

You know how they say when people die, their lives flash before their eyes?

That didn’t happen to me.

You know how when your body dies, your soul stays intact?

That didn’t happen either.

You know how you get to go to heaven, or somewhere else after death?

That’s another thing that didn’t happen to me.

I’m Willow Potter, and this is the story of how I died.

You’re probably a smart arse thinking that because I’m writing this I’m not dead, well, slut, stop thinking because this is deep. Gosh, you’re inconsiderate.

A million years ago I was a little girl, hopeless and lost. I was tortured and restricted to a cruel life. Until one day, it all changed. I was sent to Hogwarts School of witchcraft and Wizardry. I can’t say it was amazing and perfect, but it was home. I joined Gryffindor house, had my father try to kill me, and then I tried to kill myself, and I made three friends. I also jumped down into a pit of Devil’s snare, and faced impossible tasks, just to save the world. But that was only my first year.

I had to endure the next year of being stabbed, watching students being petrified and listening to everyone’s idea about how my friend was evil. I helped to brew up a Polyjuice potion, and infiltrate the Slytherin common room. I watched as my best friend was petrified, then slipped down to the chamber of secrets where my other best friend’s sister was dying because some evil Dude was trying to take over the world again. A different bestie and I saved her and ultimately saved the world. We were only in our second year.

In my third year, some evil guy had broken out of the wizarding jail and soul sucking, evil creatures were ‘guarding’ the school. Though, that didn’t stop him because he was pretty legendary. Oh yeah, he ended up being a good guy and my friend’s godfather. I also ended up being that friend’s little sister, and my defence against the dark arts teacher was my godfather. It was all a bit complicated, but we went back in time and saved my brother’s godfather on a stolen hippogriff. It was weird being twelve when I thought I was thirteen, but hey, you’re only twelve twice.

By the time our fourth year had come, I predicted an early death of a friend, and it’s really depressing to know I was right. I watched the Quidditch world cup, I saw my father again, but not my birth father, my adoptive father. I probably nearly died again; my brother was put in the Triwizard tournament illegally by this evil guy who wanted that evil dude to come back from the dead. And the Evil Dude did come back from the dead. And then that friend died – but don’t worry, he came back as a vampire. I nearly died again, but I didn’t. I also saved my brother from dying and I was only thirteen, so go figure that one out.

My fifth year came and went in a blaze of exams, double agents and illegal army’s. After starting the year with fighting some Dementors, we returned to school only to be under the tyranny of Dolores Umbridge. Now, she was an evil bitch. The headmaster thought I was going to turn into an evil guy, so he decided to seclude me from everyone and team me up with the tyrannous bitch. By Christmas though, I was nearly raped, I was drugged, and I turned into a weird angel thing to save my friend’s dad, so I went back to how I normally was; a freak. The year ended on a sad note when my brother’s Godfather passed on.

My sixth year was really weird considering I started it as a hobo. Seriously, I had nowhere to go. And then my favourite teacher found me and cried all over me, before I was sent to my Godfather’s place where I was a giant burden, you could just see that he didn’t want me. So I was sent with the headmaster and my brother where we tried to make this fat guy come back to Hogwarts, and I was just a bitch the whole time. From there, I went to my best friend’s house and slept in the bed where his brother, aka my sort of ex-sort-of-boyfriend, used to sleep. It was awkward. At this big wizarding shopping centre I was a bitch to my old family. Then I saw my sort of ex sort of boyfriend and it was awkward. Then this annoying teacher was singing and it was weird. I met this new guy while being an insomniac outside. I made friends, who left the school. And so many people kept leaving my life. Despite all of this, I felt happy. Really happy. I travelled into a different dimension and killed that evil guy with peanut butter. It was weird. Life is weird. Then my friend I met while being an insomniac outside, his girlfriend died. Then he killed himself to be with her. Then the headmaster was murdered by this annoying teacher we thought we could trust. Then I found out my friend who I met while being an insomniac outside who killed himself to see his girlfriend who died was from a different time in Hogwarts. It was weird.

It’s the sixteenth year of my life now. I’m also a future Willow, from the point just before my death, so that’s why I’m telling you this. I’ll let you follow the past me along my journey. And I’ll tell you now, it is a little weird, and a little sad, and a little insane, but it is what happened to me all the same.

I’m Willow Potter, and this is how I died.