42. A Happy Accident

"Are you gonna do it?", Yoongi asked, trying to keep himself from smiling too much. Jimin giggled, more excited than everyone else. "Yes", Seokjin muttered, huffing out a deep breath in order to regain his confidence.

He was planning to propose namjoon. After all, he was the only person in the world who loved seokjin so much and who seokjin loved the most. It was bound to happen. He planned everything. On 14th of February, he would propose Kim Namjoon in front of everyone. He knew namjoon was going to say yes.

"Okay, so if you're proposing on Valentine's day, that leaves you with two weeks. You're preparing everything, right?", hoseok asked, wanting him friend's surprise to be perfect.

Seokjin nodded, smiling softly. He was happy beyond words. He could'nt think of spending his life with anyone but Namjoon. It was surreal. He hadn't realized when their one month anniversary turned to an year. An year might not be much for others, but for seokjin, it was all he could ever ask for.

It was a little cliche to propose on Valentine's Day but he wanted to spend the day in such a way that neither of them would ever forget it. Seokjin's experiences with the special day hadn't been something he ever wanted to remember.

"Hyung, you can do it".
_____________________________________

"Where are you going?", seokjin asked as soon he came out of the shower. He ran his hand through his hair, making it slick back as water still dripped onto the side of his face, down the dip of his collar bone and straight onto the towel bunched around his waist, showing his toned v-line.

"Oof", namjoon breathed. "I forgot how hot you look when you're freshly bathed", he commented, dramatically licking his lower lip as he leaned on the doorway, glasses perched on his nose and a book safe in his head.

Seokjin rolled his eyes, making a move towards Namjoon. As soon as he was close enough, he gently took Namjoon's book out of his hand and settled it on the side table. Namjoon's hands automatically came to rest on his hips as seokjin ran a moist finger from top of his bare chest to just above the waist band of his boxers.

Namjoon sucked in a harsh breath and seokjin laughed, hitting Namjoon's chest gently. "Where were you going?", he repeated his question from earlier. "To the other bathroom. You were taking too long", namjoon replied. Seokjin nodded in understanding.

"Well, the shower's all yours now", he smiled. Namjoon smiled back and kissed seokjin's temple. The elder smiled and patted Namjoon's chest lovingly. He threw him a towel and namjoon made a beeline towards the bathroom.

He removed his sweats as soon as he was inside. Turning on the shower, namjoon sighed as the cold water hit his comparatively warm body. It had been a long day. The shooting with Jackson had been especially tiring since the man was too energetic for namjoon's liking. Good thing namjoon loved him.

There were some account issues and if he was being honest, namjoon had never freaked out that much in his twenty five years of life. Two of the costs were missing and the overall budget didn't match up. He had to run from the office to the bank and then back to the office atleast thrice in an hour. It was hectic to say the least.

He scrubbed some shampoo in his hair, almost wishing that seokjin could give him a bath instead of their kids. He sighed for what felt like the thousandth time. He started humming a song, not remembering it's name. His eyes closed as he started enjoying his shower.

"Okay, all done!", he said, turning off the shower. Now he was all fresh and ready to head to bed. Snatching the towel from the rack, he started drying himself off. Once he was all clean, he wrapped the towel around his waist and just as he was about to move out, his eyes landed on something.

"What's that?", he mumbled, eyebrows creasing in confusion as he looked at something black peeking out of seokjin's grey sweatpants. He moved towards it, taking the thing in his hands. It was a small black paper bag and it was safe to say that namjoon was even more confused than before.

He tried to look inside the bag but it was surprisingly sealed perfectly. It was covered with blue and pink ribbons, making namjoon's heart flutter. He thought it was a gift for him.

He fiddled with it for sometime but he was unable to open the bag. "Jin hyung!?", he called out. "Oh, Jin hyung!?", he called again. A smile graced his lips when he heard the patter of soft footsteps coming into the bathroom.

"What- No, wait, don't open that!", seokjin shouted but it was too late. The ribbons flew open as namjoon accidentally ripped the bag off, the beads adorning it spreaded throughout the bathroom.

A small velvet box was what caught namjoon's attention. His eyes looked at it with utter confusion before they went wide as he slowly realized just what it was for.

His glossy eyes looked at seokjin, shock written over his whole face. Seokjin sighed before a small smile creeped it's way to his lips. It was sheepish and shy. He rubbed his nape with his hand, trying to meet namjoon's teary eyes.

"J-Jin", namjoon squeaked out, choking on his words. "Oh my god, don't cry", seokjin said, rushing towards the younger. "See, you ruined the surprise", seokjin scolded mischievously and namjoon let out a watery chuckle, overwhelmed.

"Oh no no, don't cry yet. If the surprise is ruined then be it. I'll just do it now", the elder announced. Namjoon laughed a bit, trying to keep himself from crying.

Seokjin picked the small box and got on one knee in front of his boyfriend. He took Namjoon's left hand and smiled up at him, eyes shining with happiness and pride.

"Kim Namjoon, first of all, I love you. And I know you do, too. I'm so grateful to have you in my life. We've spent less than an year together, but it feels like forever. Honestly, before this, I thought that I was in love but it has never been real. With you though, I feel like every moment is our first time meeting each other. I'm so, so blessed to have someone like you whom I can share all my secrets with, the serious ones and the funny ones. Because I know, you won't tell a soul", seokjin paused, tearing up a bit as the weight of the situation finally hit him. Namjoon was smiling through his tears, unable to control his happiness.

"See, I wanted to be cheesy and call you the man of my dreams but I realized that would be a lie. You were never a man of my dreams. Instead, you're reality. My reality. Everything I thought I could never have. You showed me true love. You made me feel worthy. And you're the father of my kids, the tiny people who I love the most", he paused again, unable to suppress the need to cry.

"Before I start sobbing, Kim Namjoon, will you be so kind and do me the honour of being my husband and be mine officially, forever?", Seokjin asked, finally popping the question.

Namjoon nodded frantically, "Yes! Oh god, yes, yes, a thousand times yes!", he exclaimed. Seokjin laughed and slid the ring onto his finger, marking him as his fiancè.

Namjoon slid down to his knees and hugged him tightly, sobbing into his chest while ignoring the fact that he was just proposed while in a towel.

"I love you, I love you, I love you so much, seokjin. I love you more than anything", he chanted. Seokjin smiled.

"I love you, too, so much"