35. Shadows of the past

"Hoseokie, please take care of Jiyoo and Youngjae. And tell me if they disturb you. Well, you're the one disturbing them but still", Seokjin laughed when hoseok pouted and hit him on his arm.

He was going out for shopping with namjoon and he was feeling a bit anxious about leaving his kids alone so here he was, outside his friends' door, handing over his kids to them for a few hours.

"Of course, hyung! Why wouldn't I? You don't need to worry. Yoongi's in Japan as you know but Jiminie will be home soon. So, he'll help me take care of them. And young is a reserved kid anyway", hoseok said, as he looked back with a small smile, watching them already thrashing around in the leaving room.

Seokjin nodded, hugging his friend. His phone buzzed as he looked at the message. He rolled his eyes before speaking, "Joonie's being a little impatient there. Gotta go. Love you!", he walked out of the building and came into view with namjoon who was looking about ready to cancel their little shopping date.

The younger pointed at his watch and raised his eyebrows in question, shaking his head as if he was amused.

Seokjin rolled his eyes before smiling fondly and walking upto his boyfriend.

"That was fast", namjoon huffed out sarcastically. Seokjin laughed airily as he softly rested his hand on Namjoon's left cheek and gave a small peck to his right one, smiling sweetly afterwards.

Namjoon looked at him, absolutely flustered. The tip of his ears were red as he opened the door for seokjin to get in before getting into the driver seat himself.

"Um.. We should- we should go", he said, shuffling to start the engine. Seokjin laughed his ever so famous windshield laugh, making namjoon even more flushed than before.

Seokjin relaxed in his seat, a small smile resting on his handsome face. He was amused that even after eleven months of dating, he had that effect on namjoon.

Oh.

It had been eleven months. Fuck. He didn't realize that. His smile got bigger as he thought about these past eleven months of his life. He loved every second of it.

There were tears and there was laughter but every bit of it was beautiful. He still remembered the first day he had met namjoon. His deep brown eyes, his blonde hair. Or was it brown? Honestly, jin didn't remeber. But he sure remembered his deep sexy voice. His tall frame, not too built but not completely lean either. He looked perfect. God, he was still so perfect.

"What are you thinking about?"

Namjoon's voice snapped seokjin out
of his dreamy thoughts. He didn't know why there were tears suddenly brimming in the corner of his orbs as he contemplated replying to his boyfriend.

His.

Euphoria? Nostalgia? He didn't know what he was feeling. He just knew that he was suddenly hit by some sort of serendipity and now, there was no going back.

Namjoon was his. He was Namjoon's.

That's all that mattered. He had a beautiful loving husband, a place he could call home again and two little blessings. It was all he could ever ask for and more. He let out a wet chuckle. Life was good. He was happy.

"Jinnie? You okay?", Namjoon's soft voice rang in seokjin's ear. Seokjin looked up to see namjoon looking at him worryingly through the front mirror of their car.

He smiled, nodding. "I'm okay. I'm happy", he sighed contentedly. Namjoon's eyebrows softened and a small smile made its way to his lips.
"Me too", he said, "Eleven months. A long time, really", he chuckled, his voice blooming with overwhelming joy.

"I'm glad", jin smiled, resisting the urge to lean over Namjoon's seat and kiss him numb. Because one, he couldn't afford an accident. Two, he had two children to take care of.

He looked at namjoon who was smiling back at him and he closed his eyes, happy and satisfied with how things were going.

"We're here", namjoon said as he stopped the car, getting out and opening the door for seokjin as well. Seokjin gracefully took his hand and smiled at his boyfriend who mimicked his smile, the dimples adding to his beauty.

They walked inside the mall, hand in hand, not caring about the different types of looks people were giving them. Curious, disgusted, amused, awed, fond and all sorts of eyes you could think of.

Seokjin pulled namjoon into the toddlers' section, sorting through various clothes for his kids.

Namjoon smiled at him and before he could speak, there was a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, his smile never leaving his face.

"Excuse me, can you help me find some clothes for a newborn?", a lady's voice shot through his ears, oddly familiar. Namjoon gave her a lopsided smile and nodded, a bit confused. He couldn't see her face as she was holding a beautiful red baby gown on front of her face.

"Umm... I-","Please don't say no. I'm not really experienced in buying baby clothes and I need a gift for my cousin's first born", she said frantically.

Namjoon nodded automatically. He could help with that. After all, he'd bought all of jiyoo's clothes by himself. Okay, yoongi may have helped him but that doesn't change anything, he was still quite experienced.

Before he could ask the lady to show him what she liked, a voice bloomed from behind her as a handsome young man walked upto them.

"Honey, what are you doing?", the man asked the lady who was still holding the dress, making it difficult for namjoon to see her face.

"Oh.. I was just.. Umm","Dahee, come on! We're getting late", the man almost whined and namjoon would've laughed fondly if it was another day but no. He couldn't do that now.

"Dahee?", he said before grimacing and closing his eyes as if the name had burned his tongue.

The lady lowered the baby dress she was holding, as her face slowly came to view, Namjoon's face dropping as every inch of her face revealed to him.

The lady gave him a small smile. The same one he had adored all throughout his teenage years. But she was a bit different. She held onto the man's arm who looked as confused as himself. Her eyes shined with something malicious, something evil as she tucked a stray hair behind her ear.

"Namjoon... It's been long.."