18. "The fuck-"

Namjoon rubbed his eyes as it was pretty late and he was tired from work. He almost forgot about tae and kook's issue but he managed to remember it again when he called jungkook earlier who said he was busy in a very cold voice. Namjoon had tried to reply only to hear a loud whine from a male, taehyung, to be exact. And he knew exactly what was going on when jungkook cut the call hurriedly. He shook his head, to try and get the thought out of his mind. He wondered if he should tell jin about this.

Speaking of whom, the young dad was sitting on the couch with his daughter's head on his lap, caressing her hair while she slept peacefully. Namjoon had decided to wait for Jin as he was working at the hospital still. Jiyoo had whined to wait for him after supper too but ended up falling asleep on her father's lap.

Namjoon glanced at the wall clock. 23:46. It read. It was late. As soon as he planned on putting Jiyoo to bed, his phone rang. Knowing full well who it was, namjoon didn't check twice and picked up.

"Hello? Jin hyung, when will y-", namjoon was cut of off his sentence.
"We need to talk", the elder's stern voice rang through the phone as namjoon's eyes went wide. This is why he wanted to tell him about the incident, this is what he dreaded.
"Jin-hyung I-", once again, he was cut off in between.
"We need to talk and that's final. I'm heading to the Jeon's. You better come with my baby too before I explode."
Namjoon shivered at the older's menacing voice, "okay", he replied softly and jin hung up immediately.

Namjoon sighed, he was stressed and he knew what this 'talk' would be about. He glanced at his little girl who was hugging her koya plushie tightly, a smile crept to his face defining his deep dimples. He knew she got this habit from tae. When he was still struggling as an employee in a small company, taehyung was jobless and jungkook worked with namjoon. So, tae used to take care of taekook and Jiyoo together. He would always hug taekook and Jiyoo under the blanket and she was extremely clingy for sometime and wouldn't sleep without him or tae or kook or even jae, but now she just needed a pillow or plushie to hug and she's out like a feather. Namjoon sighed softly again but the small smile never left his face.

He got upstairs and grabbed an extra soft pastel blue blanket and changed into his pjs (well, he knew he'll have to sleep over Jeon's tonight so he didn't bother wearing something decent). Grabbing his car keys and glasses, he went back down.

Namjoon slowly scooted towards the sleeping little girl. Putting one hand on the back of her hand and another on the back of her knees, he slowly lifted her up from the couch along with the blue plushie. He was cautious as to not wake her up. Jiyoo shifted in her sleep, namjoon cradled her a bit as she snuggled in his chest.

Kissing Jiyoo's forehead, namjoon laid her in the backseat of his Audi, securing her with the seatbelt. He got into the driver's seat himself and drove off.
________________________________________

Namjoon was shifting uncomfortably on the black leather couch of jungkook's living room. Before him were jin, tae and kook. Jiyoo and Jae were sleeping upstairs in the little boy's room. Jin and jungkook were looking rather stern while taehyung had tears running down his face. His neck and thighs were littered with hickeys as he sniffled occasionally. Namjoon's lips curved downwards when he noticed the several bruises on the younger's arms and legs, they looked painful.

Namjoon had an idea of what might have happened so he expected some aftercare from jungkook. But he frowned when jungkook didn't even try to calm or comfort his husband as he silently cried.

As soon as a loud whimper left Tae's mouth, the blonde couldn't take it anymore. "Listen, jungkook. I've told you before and I'm saying it again. Nothing happened between me and tae. Just stop being so ignorant and stop hurting him!", he shouted the last part and huffed angrily. He did the mistake of looking at Jin whose eyes carried a fierce glint to them. Namjoon's whole body shivered under the elder's gaze. The blonde teared his face away from his boyfriend and looked down at his lap.