41. Happier

"Hyung, who's he?", jimin asked, sounding a bit panicked. Namjoon sighed when seokjin gave him a worried look. "Yugyeom, my ex. We dated for a while, Jiminie. I didn't know you back then. Yoongi knows about him, though", he explained.

"What do you think? Is he a threat?", Jimin inquired further, wanting to be as prepared as the situation would allow. "Possibly. We didn't end on good terms", namjoon said.

Jimin groaned. "Well, that's definitely gonna be a problem. But as long as he doesn't give them bad reviews about you, we should be fine", seokjin said, trying to be optimistic. "Oh, trust me. If I know him even a bit, he's gonna shout out to everyone how bad of a person I am", namjoon huffed, rolling his eyes.

Jimin shot him a worries glance before sighing. He got up from beside namjoon and made his way to his seat. The case started again after the half an hour break.

"My lord, as you've been informed. This sir right here, is Mr. Kim's ex boyfriend", Mr. Choi started.

"Objection, Your honour. Mr. Yugyeom is irrelevant to this custodial deal and if I'm not wrong, there was no prior notice about him being a witness", Jimin argued.

"Attorney Park, you must check your papers again. You must be mistaken because as far as I'm concerned, the court has a clear notice about Mr. Kim Yugyeom's presence", the judge said calmly.

Jimin looked at him in shock. He was positive there was no mention about Namjoon's ex. They would've prepared to the tackle the situation if that was the case. "I'm sorry, Your Honour", jimin said, sliding back in his seat.

"Just to make sure my friend here doesn't get confused", Mr. Choi smirked at Jimin. "Mr. Yugyeom is very relevant to the case", he mused.

Turning to Yugyeom, he started the sequence of questions. "So, Mr. Kim, tell me, how was Jiyoo's relationship with Namjoon when you were dating him?", he asked.

Yugyeom looked at namjoon who scowled back at him, before answering. "Well, it was pretty okay, I guess. She was three? Four? I'm not really sure but their didn't seem to be much bonding between the two. And you'll find it amusing that Jiyoo was more comfortable with Namjoon's colleagues", Yugyeom shrugged.

And while that might be kinda true, namjoon was furious. Yugyeom made it sound like Jiyoo was uncomfortable with him or something. It was just that he couldn't be with her as much as he wanted to since he was still struggling for bread back in the days. And that just forced him to drop her off with taehyung and jae since the younger didn't have a job back then.

"Hmm. Point to be noted, Your honour. Mr. Kim's daughter is more comfortable with strangers than her father himself", Mr. Choi accused.

Namjoon stood up from his seat. "Excuse me? They're not strangers. And what do you mean not comfortable with me? She fuckin' loves me", he growled out. Seokjin pulled an the hem of his sweater to make him sit back down.

"Order. Order. Attorney Park, you better ask your client to settle back down. This is a court", the judge said sternly, slamming his gavel on the round sound block twice.

"I'm sorry, My lord", jimin apologized. "Please sit back down, hyung. He'll kick you out of the courtroom if you do that again", jimin warned through gritted teeth. He was already stressed and Namjoon's outburst wasn't helping at all. Namjoon huffed out but didn't argue back.

"Okay, so moving on, Mr. Yugyeom, you mentioned that something happened with Jiyoo and Mr. Kim when you were still dating. Can you describe about it to the court?", Mr. Choi said.

Yugyeom nodded and turned to face the judge. "When namjoon and I were on a date one day, he was informed by a call from jiyoo's principal that she had hit someone and thrown a tantrum at school", he shuddered for dramatic effect and namjoon rolled his eyes. He braced himself and waited for a lie.