Chapter 69

Starscream's P.O.V.

Nightstreak walked beside me as we cautiously approached the upper hull of the ship, with Megatron and Shockwave leading the way. I couldn't help but feel anxious. Just what could be up here? If it wasn't the Autobots, then what could be big enough to be up here? I watched as the door opened....

....revealing Predaking standing before us, patiently waiting for acknowledgement.

My optics widened, caught off guard. The beast still lives?! How?! Was he not sent to the tundra somewhere?! He shouldn't be able to be standing here! And even if it was alive, how in Primus did it find us?!

"Predaking!" Nightstreak said, looking up at the beast as her wings flickered excitedly. Predaking immediately shifted his gaze to her, and his gave what I assumed was a pleasing purr of some sorts. Bloodsurge and Frostbite both chirped and bark in delight, slowly approaching the beast.

"How did it find us?!" was the first and only thing that could escape from my lips.

"Predacons possess precise homing instincts." Shockwave replied. Megatron smiled, looking at the beast as if it was his new prize. "And astonishing resilience." he added. To surprise me even further, Predaking actually walked over to Nightstreak, lowering its head to her. Nightstreak took a step forward before slowly reaching a hand out to place upon his muzzle. 

"It's good to see you. I'm glad your safe." she murmured softly. Shockwave immediately looked to their interaction, but said nothing. Something told me that he didn't like the two of them being so close. 

"Starscream," I quickly looked to Megatron as he addressed me, "assume command of my beast." he said. I blinked, puzzled. What did he say? Assume command? Of that thing?! Does he realize that no one in a thousand years could ever tame such a wild and violent creature such as Predaking. "M-Me, Master? I-I-I mean I wouldn't dream of seizing such an honor from its very creator!" I stated as Megatron began to walk away.

"Military of the Predacon is most logical, since my services are required elsewhere." Shockwave stated, walking away with Megatron. The door closed, and I placed both hands on it as a silent plea to not leave me with such a horrid beast. Hearing it screech behind me made me whirl around and yelp. Predaking narrowed his optics onto me, as if stating this wouldn't be fun for both of us, and he would make sure of it. I sighed.

"Scrap..." I muttered.

"So, how shall we start this?" Nightstreak piped in. I blinked, looking at her surprised. "Beg pardon?" I said.

"Well, I imagine you would require my assistance, and Lord Megatron did not say I couldn't help. So, how do you think we shall begin with Predaking's training?" she asked. I smiled. Alright, I wouldn't mind the extra assistance. I was certainly going to need it.

Small time skip

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

Starscream and I thus began trying to train Predaking. Right now the beast was kinda playing with Bloodsurge and Frostbite, letting the two small mini cons climb on his large body. This was a large surprise to say the least to Starscream and I. 

"Such a strange beast...." Starscream murmured. 

"Indeed. He certainly is magnificent though, isn't he? I mean, an ancient beast from many years ago right before our optics. It's incredible that we get to amaze its strength and intelligence." I stated, walking around as I examined Predaking's structure. Starscream scoffed, crossing his arms across his chest. "Intelligence? Bah! He's nothing but a mindless beast." he stated. I looked back at him.

"That is not true." I stated. "Oh really? Very well, I suppose I'll have to show you." Starscream stated, holding up a shocker he had. "I wouldn't use that. If you attempt to shock Predaking, he will become agitated. He already doesn't like you as it is." I replied.