Chapter 22

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I silently watched as Starscream turned to face Soundwave, seeming to have a strange of guilt. No, not quite guilt, but rather acceptance.

"I have been a fool, made mistakes......monumental ones. I now realize that I was never destined to be a leader, or even an equal partner." he slowly turned away from the silent Soundwave.

"And I'm at peace with that. I have gained a clear understanding of my place in this universe. Of who I am.....of who I was always meant to be." Starscream explained. He turned back to face Soundwave, a determined expression on his face.

"Starscream, second in command, humble servant to Lord Megatron." he stated. A small smile started to spread upon his face.

"Thank you for listening, Soundwave." he said, before turning to leave the room. I followed him out of the room, my spark feeling brighter than ever. Does he truly mean it? Has he really come to be loyal to Lord Megatron? Will he stop his path of betrayal? Knowing Starscream, I knew it could be a horrible error to make any bold assumptions, but I couldn't help but get my hopes up.

"Did you mean all that Starscream? What you said to Soundwave." I asked. Starscream glanced over at me, looking almost hesitant to answer, but soon nodded.

"I did." he replied. I nodded. However, something else was reminded to me.

"By the way, I never did get to thank you...." I said quietly. Starscream raised a brow, looking puzzled. "For what?" he asked.

"For saving me in the mine. I was surprised that you would put yourself at risk to protect me." I replied. Starscream's optics widened, as if realizing what he had just did that day. He didn't reply to me for a good minute or two until he finally cleared his throat.

"Yes, well, just do better at not getting yourself scrapped. You are a valuable ally to the Decepticons, that's all." I stated. None the less, I felt grateful. I nodded to him. Eventually we got to the command bridge to visit our lord.

"Is this true?" Megatron asked Airachnid, who stood beside him. They were by a computer, looking at a image of a familiar ship I read about. However, I didn't like the angry tone in Megatron's voice.

"Starscream never mentioned it?" Airachnid asked, almost innocently.

"If he's up to his old tricks, I shall grind him into powder." Megatron stated in a low threatening tone. Starscream, looking slightly awkward, cleared his throat to indirectly announce his presence in the room. Megatron slowly turned to face him, narrowing his red optics.

"Starscream." the way he spoke his name was almost like venom. Starscream slowly started to approach the warlord and the spider Cybertronian, with me right beside him.

"Lord Megatron, please excuse Airachnid's impertinence. Now what was it that I allegedly failed to mention?" Starscream asked.

"The Harbinger." Megatron stated. Starscream blinked, seeming puzzled.

"What about it?" 

Eons ago a Decepticon trasport crash landed on this planet." Airachnid stated, bringing up the image of said ship. Starscream smiled almost with pride.

"Oh please, common knowledge. I scouted the crash site when we first arrived on Earth." Starscream stated boldly. Airachnid turned to face him, a brow raised. "Then I presume you recovered the experimental weapon prototype the Harbinger had been transporting?" Airachnid asked. Starscream's optics widened, realizing his blunder.

"Where is the crash site?" Megatron asked.

"It was never logged into your ship's database." Airachnid replied. It was obvious she was trying to make Starscream look bad, just pushing him slowly closer into the dangerous flames of Megatron's anger. Speaking of, Megatron did indeed send a death glare to his second in command.