Chapter 33

Nightstreak's P.O.V.

I didn't hesitate to leap back through my ground bridge, hurrying to Orion's room. He still remained there, typing away on the computer.

"Orion." I called. He turned to look at me.

"Nightstreak, are you here with an escape plan?"

"Yes. Within a few moments, we shall go meet with the Autobots at our second space bridge. While we do, they will most likely use it to send one of their warriors to retrieve the Matrix of Leadership, so that you may once again have your memories." I explained. Orion nodded, however his expression was unsure, nervous. He looked away, a small frown on his face. I took a step closer to him.

"Orion?"

"You're certain that I am this...Optimus Prime?" Orion asked. I gave a firm nod. "I swear upon my own spark that you are Optimus Prime, rightful leader of the Autobots." I stated. Orion sighed.

"Then why do I not feel it?" I looked at him long and hard before answering.

"You do feel it, you just don't believe you earn it. Isn't that the case?" I asked. Orion looked at me in shock, but I continued to speak. "Believe me, you are more worthy then any other Autobot I have ever encountered. Right now, your team needs you. Don't let your fears hold you back." I stated. Orion looked at me for a moment....then he smiled.

"Very well. I shall take your word then." he said. 

"Now, Megatron still shows no suspicion?" I said. Orion shook his head. "It does not appear so. In fact, he has not said anything for quite some time." he said. I placed a claw on my chin.

"Hmm, that doesn't sound right though....." I turned my comm link on.

"Does anybody know what are leader is doing currently?"

"Hello Nightstreak. It would seem someone has infiltrated our space bridge, and it remains open. Megatron has left to deal with the matter himself." Knockout said. I gasped.

"H-He did? Um, thank you Knockout. That will be all." I replied. I turned my comm off and whirled around to Megatron.

"Megatron is already at the space bridge! He probably plans to stop the Autobots! This is bad!" I stated, placing my hands on my helm. I wanted so badly to bridge over there and stop him, but if I show myself without Megatron's summoning me, and with Orion on top of that-

"Then perhaps you should bridge me." Orion stated. I looked to him.

"Huh?"

"You cannot very well be seen releasing Megatron's prisoner. If you bridge me right now, he will believe that I had escaped on my own. At the same time, I can help my....my team." Orion explained. I looked at him in shock, tilting my head.

"Are you sure? I mean, Megatron is-"

"I am ready to face him." Orion stated. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Very well." I opened a ground bridge in front of me, surprising Orion.

"Go now! Hurry!" I stated. Orion nodded, giving me a smile.

"Thank you Nightstreak. You will not be forgotten." he stated before rushing through the ground bridge. As soon as he ran through, I closed the bridge. I sighed, placing a hand on my chest, over my spark.

"Good luck, Optimus."

Megatron's P.O.V.

I waited patiently in front of the massive space bridge, blade out and ready. Bulkhead, Ratchet, and Bumblebee all lay in a heap at the side, exhausted from my wrath. I chuckled. They never stood a chance. I felt a smirk spread across my face.