Chapter 67

Knockout's P.O.V.

"....okay, you weren't joking."

Starscream and I stared in disbelief upon Breakdown's discovery. Breakdown didn't lie, he did find himself....he had discovered some sort of clone of himself. It looked eerily just like him, except he had a different color scheme of black and purple. Breakdown looked especially spooked, no even bothering to look at it with Starscream and I.

"What in he name of the All Spark is that?" Starscream said. "I'm not sure. I suppose....some sort of clone?" I said, tilting my head to the side.

"Clones are supposed to look exactly like you! I know mine did! This....thing, has much different colors then that of the real Breakdown!" Starscream stated. I looked back at Breakdown. "How did you even discover this, Breakdown?" I asked. "I was just out for a drive, when I literally saw it fall from the sky! And it crashed here!" Breakdown explained.

"What?! Preposterous! You mean to tell me this thing just fell from the sky?! Where would it fall from?!" Starscream snapped. "How am I supposed to know?!" Breakdown snapped. "You're the one who discovered it!" Starscream said. "That doesn't mean scrap! I'm just as clueless as you are!" Breakdown stated.

"That's enough!" I snapped. I rolled my optics and looked back at the thing that was supposedly Breakdown's clone. As bizarre as this was, the scientist in me couldn't help but filled with curious questions. What exactly was this thing? Where did it come from? Could we use it in any way? I stepped down into the crater and knelt down by it, placing a hand over its spark chamber.

"Knockout! Don't touch it! It could still be alive!" Breakdown and Starscream stated in unison. 

"No, this thing is long dead." I stated, making the two of them sigh in relief. I traced my claws over its chasis, tilting my head. It feels exactly like the real Breakdown's, I would know since I have operated many wounds on Breakdown's chest in the past.

"....someone contact the ship, and have a ground bridge opened." I said. Starscream looked at me surprised. "What? Why?" he asked.

"Cause I'm bringing Breaking No.2 on board."

Shockwave's P.O.V.

I had insisted to Megatron that I would retrieve the Predacon fossil, so I took no hesitation to taking a ground bridge to its location, where I had tracked it with the microchip that was planted inside it. When I had arrived, I was taken to some sort of human construction station in the canyons. The sun barely gave a faint orange glow as it began to slowly descend for the night.

Blaster sounds were brought to my attention, leading me to assume the Autobots were already fighting the Vehicons we had sent to scout the area. I emerged from the dust cloud, fossil in hand. It was my intention for the Vehicons to distract the Autobots while I retrieved the fossil. I could spot the two Autobots up ahead, Bumblebee and Smokescreen. 

I didn't hesitate to blast from my blaster at them. They split away and Smokescreen began to blast at me. I attempted to point my weapon at him, but one of his blasts caused my blaster to point away instead, and I shot at a human construction machine, blowing it up in a huge, fiery mess. This caused for even more explosions to come along the construction site. The Autobots attempted to flee, so I found it logical to do the same.

I transformed into my vehicle mode, and zoomed out of the heated fires to get as far away as possible. My objective was to bring the fossil back to Megatron, not to terminate the Autobots. Unless they further jeopardize my mission, I shall no longer take any further action against them.

I could hear the humming of the Autobot's vehicle modes behind me, so I turned my blaster around and blasted at them. While I had missed, they had to steer away, causing them to slow down. Up ahead, I could see a road leading across a large canyon, so I continued to drive there. To my disappointment, I saw a familiar red Autobot flying towards me from the sky.