Chapter 33: Presentation Day

Nika and arlo continued to practice the presentation, and it wasn't long before aiger woke up from being passed out. Hey, what happened, aiger asked in confusion. Arlo took his confusion to his advantage, and decided to pull a prank. You passed out after thinking hard, it means your kinda stupid if you think about it, arlo explained and teased. What'd you call me, aiger shouted at him. Nika giggled at arlo's joke and aiger's reaction. She knew it was a joke and decided to play along. What are you laughing at, he shouted at nika. Oh, nothing, she responded. It's not nice to shout at a lady, arlo told him. This made nika start laughing. She's the one laughing at me, aiger retorted. That doesn't matter, she's still your girlfriend, arlo said while wearing a mischievous smirk. This made both of them turn a dark shade of red. We told you we're not, they both said simultaneously. Are you sure, you look like a cute couple, he said while still smirking. This made both of them turn a bright shade of red, and steam started coming off of them. W-w-we're r-really sure, w-w-we're n-not a c-couple, they both said while stuttering. Okay, then, arlo said ending the argument. Invite me to the baby shower, he joked. This made aiger and nika burst in steam, and then faint. Arlo caught them, and put them in their dorms' beds to rest. Looks like I have to wait till tomorrow, arlo thought to himself.

~Time skip to tomorrow~

After one night, an hour of scolding, a few hours of being cursed, and two days of practice, the trio was ready to present their project. They were in their seats, waiting for their names to be called. Once they were, they got up to present. They explained it's name was kyushu suru, what it could, and showed what it could do. Nika casted a barrier spell around the class and then she and arlo shot energy at kyushu suru, and it absorbed it. Not many were impressed. But then it shot back the same energies, but with double the power, causing a shockwave. It shooked everyone, and the barrier started cracking. People started to panic, and tried moving away. But the shooting stopped just in time, the barrier was about to give in, but then it deactivated. Everyone was a little scared, but they were also impressed. They explained it could also seal away powerful creatures of darkness. And it could come to be useful to the olympians. Ms.Morgana started grading them and the other projects, and the results were in. The majority of teams got B's. And the few remaining got A's. And  nika, aiger, and arlo were given an A. Well done everyone, all of your projects were outstanding, Ms.Morgana congratulated everyone. And our winners are, nika aoi, aiger akabane, and arlo ryuengi. The class started applauding for the trio. Excellent work you three, I'm very proud of you, Ms.Morgana congratulated them. Thanks, it was a lot of work though, nika said in a cheerful tone. Good to know, Ms.Morgana responded. You three will soon present your work to the headmaster. Sure thing, all three of them said at the same time. All three of them were about to leave until Ms.Morgana called on one of them. Arlo, may a word please. Sure, I'll be with you guys in a sec, arlo said. He went into the classroom, and stood in front of Ms.Morgana's desk. What did you want to talk about, he asked. I'm glad your doing okay here, I haven't seen you loose composure, but that's a good thing. Yeah, and I hope it stays that way, he responded. But he was trembling, and breathing a little heavily. I know your still a little uneasy from what happened at your old school, but you have another chance here, and I believe no one here knows about the incident, she assured him. Thanks, he said. Just do your best not to loose control, she said finishing up her talk. I will, have a good day, he said before he left. "I hope it doesn't happen, not again", he thought to himself.