Chapter 28: The House of the Dead

After following cerberus and arriving at Hades castle, they stood in front of it, staring at it in awe. Beautiful isn't it, arlo said. Nico nodded. Good to be home, he said. Nika and aiger were breath taken. You live here, nika asked nico in shock. Where you get enough builders to build that, aiger asked. This is the underworld, where the dead come, nico explained. The dead have great builders among them. So dad just hired them to build his castle. Oh, that makes sense, aiger said. Nico walked up to the gate, which had strange markings, and put his hand on it, and then the markings started glowing. Finally the gate started opening. After it did, the four of them walked inside, after saying bye to cerberus. They followed nico as he guided them through the massive building. They went through a few halls and a lot of doors. Then they were at two large doors at the end of another hallway. Four skeletons were guarding it. They were all dressed in military armor and had rifles in their arms. When they arrived, the guards blocked them with their rifles. Then nico steped up and spoke. I'm here to meet with dad about school, and for permission to do something, nico told them. They looked at them, put lowered their weapons, and stepped aside. Wait here, I need to talk to dad first, nico told them. He stepped into the throne room. Once he did, he was greeted by the eyes of his father, king hades, and his step mother, queen persephone. Hello nico, welcome back, hades said. And your back so soon, persephone said with a hint of annoyance and surprise. Yeah, I am, he said. There's something I want to talk about. I've been thinking that I should find a school to go to. This made hades look confused. Go on, he said. I usually don't feel good when I go to a mortal school, he explained. But a friend goes to a school that's made for monsters. The students, teachers, everyone, they're all monsters. But they're not enemies. In fact, uncle zeus has ordered all the gods and half-bloods not to engage with the students, he said with interest. And I really want to be able to go, and it's called "M.A.C.A middle school" hades interrupted. Yeah, how do you know, nico asked. I've heard about it before, yes, you may enroll, Hades said giving nico permission. Really, thank you father, your the best, nico said with joy. This made Hades smile, knowing his son saw him as a good father. I also have a request, nico continued. Hades nodded to ask. I need to collect shock stone from tartarus, he responded. For what purpose, Hades questioned his son. For a project some new friends are doing, nico answered. It can be beneficial for both them and the other olympians. It has the ability to seal away powerful forces, and absorb strong forms of power, he explained.