Chapter 11: The truth

You what!, nika said in pure shock. When we battled, I was under the influence of demonic resonance, aiger explained. When I first tried blading, I was already a natural. And back then, my resonance was pure. And then there was the incident with phi. Then my resonance became demonic resonance. Then I lost myself during our second battle. Then there was some interference with the live broadcast, and everyone watching didn't know what happened during the end of the battle. Then the only way to know who won the battle was to ask the ones who saw it. And the interference with the broadcast was caused by my demonic resonance. But then school came up when the truth was going to be told. So only a few days ago, the truth was revealed. If you start to hate me, I don't blame you. I don't hate you aiger, nika assured him. I'm just disappointed that you would do that. But I'm also confused, she told him. If he lost, why didn't he tell me, she said. Think of it, when he got back from his title match, he didn't say anything about his match or valtryek destroyed. Valt, what were you thinking, she thought to herself. Unless.......he knew what demonic resonance does to a person, nika exclaimed. But if he knew about it, wouldn't he have called the police or something, aiger pointed out. Maybe he didn't want you being some test subject in lab, she told him. So he was trying to keep me safe, yep, sounds just like him, aiger said in memory. Now I see why you look up to him so much. Is it really that obvious?, nika asked embarrassed. No, not really, but I can read your emotions through your eyes, aiger told her. It's another side effect of my demonic powers. I only discovered it last week. Looks like we'll be be in magic class together then, nika teased him. That wasn't funny, aiger said annoyed. But sure, I'll join the class. But it's only because you like me, aiger teased back. Nika turned red and started stuttering. Ah, no no no no, it's not that, nika said while stuttering. Relax, I'm just kidding, aiger assured her.

To be continued........................