Chapter 22: Monster morals

As aiger went back to the house, he thought about what he was going to tell nika. But a question came to his mind. "Can all monsters be despeled like that" he thought. Hey, something on your mind, arlo asked aiger in concern. It's nothing, aiger responded. Are you sure, the look in your eyes says otherwise, arlo told him. Guess there's no hiding it from you, aiger said. I was just thinking, do all monsters dispel like that when they're defeated?, are they immortal?, and do they have lifespans? No, not all monsters dispel like that, only those who work for kronos, they are not immortal, with the right kind of magic, you can kill them, and yes, monsters have lifespans, but they can live hundreds, maybe thousands of years, arlo responded. Why do you ask, he asked aiger. Well, it's about nika, if she's like them, she could of been immortal, she could die a long time after me. Your worried, so you do like her, arlo concluded. No, aiger shouted at him. It's just she's the only one other then you who's excepted me, no one else did. Oh, so you want to stay close to your freinds, arlo infered. I may be half god, but I'm not immortal. My god side only gives me my powers, but I can be killed by human weapons and die at human age. But nika, she's different. Since she's half oni, she'll have a longer life than any of us. I read somewhere that an oni can live up to 400 years, but since she's half oni, she might live up to half as long. If she does, I suggest you tell her how you feel. This caused aiger to blush and retaliate against arlo. W-what do mean, I don't like her, she shouted. Your face says otherwise, arlo teased.

To be continued...........................