Chapter 19: Monsterous Introductions

As soon as leo suggested aiger and nika should introduce themselves, all eyes were on them. Nika explained first. She told them how she thought she was human most of her life, and how she woke up to horns and claws, and how she found out the she was half human half oni, and how she and aiger met. And aiger told them how he was a feared blader, and how he developed demonic resonance, and how he obtained power from it, and how he got to the school and met nika. So are you two a couple or something?, Sophie asked in curiosity. Both of them blushed at the question. What, no not at all, both of them said denying it. Surrrrrrrre, sophie teased a little. It's the truth, both of them said in embarrassment. Lay off sophie, arlo told her. Fine, she responded. Mr no fun, she muttered. What did you just say, arlo shouted. Eek, nothing, sophie squealed not wanting arlo to kill her. It better be, arlo said in a frightening voice. Y-yes sir, she said. As soon as arlo calmed down, he turned his attention back at aiger and nika. He stared at them while thinking. Could they actually be dating behind my back, he thought. Arlo, stop staring like that, it's creepy, nika said. Oh, sorry about that. Anyway, why don't we tell them why we're here, he suggested. Good idea, aiger said. We came here because we need your help, Alger told them. With what, Leo asked curiously. We're working on a project for school and we're making it out of celestial bronze. And since none of us have the skill or tools to forge celestial bronze, we were wondering if you could help. Sure we can but tomorrow, it's getting late, so we should get some rest, Jerry suggested. Good idea, you guys can stay in our geust quarters, Leo said. Sure, night everyone, Sophie said. Night, they all said.