Chapter 31: A Sad Past and Forging the Project

After a few moments of standing around, the trio were on their way to the Hephaestus group's estate. It was a few minutes of walking from their current location. Good thing too, nika couldn't take much more walking. So aiger and arlo did all the heavy lifting. Meaning they both had to carry half of the amount the shock stone they had with them. They started talking about their adventure. Wow, nico is prince of all that, aiger said astounded. He's lucky to get all of that one day. But he wasn't always first in line, arlo cutting in. What, nika and aiger said together. He had a big sister named Bianca, but she died protecting a friend when she was thirteen arlo explained. Aiger and nika had a look of sorrow on their faces. Her freind's was named Percy. He was a half-blood like me and him. He was son of Poseidon. And remember when I said he can hold a serious grudge, well he held a grudge on Percy. He thought that he was the reason his sister got killed. And he tried to kill him a few times. But that wasn't the main problem. The top three gods made oath to never have half-blood children. Those top three gods were, Zeus, Hades, and Poseidon. Wait, nico is son of Hades, and percy is son of Poseidon, nika pointed out. Yep, and they were supposed to be killed. This made aiger and nika shout in shock. What, they said together. Well nico was a different case, he may look twelve, but he's technically more than a hundred years old. His made the two pale. You see bianca and nico were Hades youngest children. But Zeus killed their mother. This made aiger mad. What kind of family are they, they're so not fair, he shouted. You see, when it comes the olympian's judgement, fairness is barely part of the equation, arlo explained. And you know what's weird, Zeus himself broke the oath that he swore to keep by having a daughter. Her name was Thalia. Hades has been holding a grudge against Zeus all this time. And he sent hellhounds to kill her. But Zeus took pity on her and turned her into a pine tree that guarded camp-half blood. But then a, friend turned enemy poisoned her tree, and she nearly died again. But percy brought back a relic called the golden fleece. It can turn a polluted waste-land, into a clean fertile farmland. He restored her tree, but it did more, it brought thalia back to life. This left the two awestruck. As for Hades' grudge. Nico helped him to let go of it. And now the oath doesn't need to be kept anymore. So the top three's children can live. This made aiger and nika relieved. Each one of the three has children, and I know them. Their names are Thalia Grace, Nico De Angelo, and Percy Jackson, Arlo listed. I hope we can meet them someday, nika thought out loud. Maybe, but we'll see. After the few minutes of walking, they made it to the estate. Nika knocked on the door, and leo answered. You guys are back, and in one peice, leo said in shock. This made the others come and check, and they were equally as shocked. You three made it back alive, sophie exclaimed. And your not ghosts either, jerry exclaimed afterward. Yeah, and were you expecting us to be dead, arlo asked. All the Hephaestus shock their heads while saying no multiple times. Well anyways, dad sent us a shipment of celestial bronze for us to use, and there's more than enough for your project, tylor said. Great, lets get to work, arlo said. Everyone nodded and went inside. They followed to Hephaestus kids to their underground forges. Nika was with amy, jasmine, and nick designing the project, after it was completed, they gave the designs to the others to start building. Luckily for aiger, his dad was also a metal sculptor, so he taught him a thing or two about blacksmithing. As soon as he, leo, sophie, tylor, jerry, and arlo claimed a part, they began building. They split the work evenly. Three would do the celestial bronze parts, while the other three would do the shock stone parts. Sophie, tylor, and jerry took care of the celestial bronze since they have more experience with it. And leo, aiger, and arlo took care of the shock stone parts. Lucky for them, leo talked them through it. It was all just a matter if they could handle it. They were both though, so they were fine. After a few hours of hammering, welding, and blistering heat, the group finally finished. It was a gold orb with black markings, and a few gaps for the goddess amber. Alright, now we need some goddess amber to finish, aiger cheered. What, nika shouted in shock. I thought we were done walking in places were we could die, she complained. Don't worry about that, arlo assured her. I've got some we can use, he told her. You do, everyone exclaimed. Yep, I've actually got it on me right now. The Hephaestus kids were lost for words, but nika was relieved. Aiger just gave arlo a thumbs up for being prepared. Arlo just returned the gesture. He reached into his magic sack, and took out the goddess amber. And he had a lot of it. Wow, how you get so much, tylor asked arlo. Lets just say, I've got, connections, arlo answered. He put down the goddess amber, and the group began to sculpt it. They made a lot of gems, so much that they had a lot of leftover gems. So the trio let the Hephaestus kids have most of them, as a way of saying thank you. And the trio only kept a few. As soon as the project was complete, arlo put it in his sack, and they were off. They said their good byes and left. They walked through the forest for a while, and made it to a clearing. Arlo then whistled for his dad's chariot. It came into view. As it landed, the three climbed aboard, and held on as arlo commanded them to fly. Away, he shouted.