Chapter 2

The Queen Grimhilde was bored. Very bored.

She had been in hiding for so long. Too long.

She had already cleaned half of the castle up, but she was tired of doing that. She needed an adventure.

But she knew that if she left her castle there was a good chance she would be caught.

The best thing to do was to sit where she was and wait.

But wait for what?

She sighed as she sat in her chair, and glanced down at the small hand mirror she always carried round with her.

She waved her hand over the mirror, and looked into it, and saw her step daughter, and her husband in their palace, off in a far away land. They were laughing, as they sat together in their garden.

How she hated them. It took most of her strength not to throw the mirror half way across the room.

Suddenly she heard something. A small tapping noise.

Someone was knocking on her castle door.

Who was it? How did they find her? She would have to move, find another isolated castle somewhere.

She looked in her mirror and waved her hand over it again. And could see a woman knocking on the castle door.

The woman was very tall and slim, wearing a long black cloak, and pale white skin, and yellow eyes, and a headdress that made her look like a dragon (because there horns) perched on top of her head.

This woman also carried a large staff in her hand.

The queen stood up and swept down the corridor towards the double doors.

The Queen opened it slightly and took a look at the woman.

The dragon woman was looking the other way, but turned her head and fixed her yellow/green eyes on the Queen's so suddenly, that the Queen stumbled back, stood on the hem of her dress and fell backwards.

The dragon woman simply pushed the door open and walked forwards, completely ignoring the Queen who lay on the ground.

The Queen stood up, brushed a bit of the dust from her dress and followed the dragon woman, not saying a word.

The dragon woman walked into each of the ground floor rooms, examined them carefully, and then walked back out.

The Queen watched the impostor until finally the dragon woman reached the dining room.

"It will do," the dragon woman sighed, throwing her staff down on the long table lightly and seating herself down on the chair at the head of the table. "Though, in my opinion, I would rather have something with more green or purple."

The Queen stood watching as the dragon woman looked out of the window, a dark expression on her face.

Like she hated someone.

The Queen stayed silent for a few seconds before deciding that she had better say something. "Excuse me," she tried to say politely, but the word ended up spilling out of her mouth in a harsh way. "But may I ask who you are?"

The drain woman's head turned so slowly it was very spooky. Her head kept turning round until her eyes were locked with the Queen's.

"My name," the dragon woman replied, her voice sending a chill up the Queen's spine. "is Maleficent, and we villains must stick together."