35

Being back in Texas is such a great feeling. It is so much warmer down here, of course, but there's snow! Why Texas, why? The land where I can be warm, and have a nice tan, smell all the pollen, why must you hate me so? 

Although I'm pretty sure it'll melt because it is warmer down here, and all that science stuff. Also I'm just being dramatic because it's like maybe an inch of snow or less. Still though, it snowed, where I didn't think it would, but I guess it could snow even in the hottest places. 

Once again Landon had carried me up to my room and slept with me, just like when we went up north. I'm glad he did, because my sleep schedule would be crazy with out him telling me to go back to bed. He had threatened me again like he did the first night in the tundra. Telling me I had just two options to choose from, and I of course choose the safe route. 

Being awake now for an hour I feel so sleepy and drained. I just want to cuddle up with Ares and nap with him. I don't think that's a smart idea but that's what I want. I could do it with Landon but he's busy working, and getting back on track with his stuff. I should start planning out the month worth of cooking. Also need to go shopping, since the men here clearly didn't. 

Oh maybe I could go shopping. I could take one of the trucks and...I can't. I don't want him to get mad at me. We've been doing so good, and I don't want to mess that up. 

I mess everything up.

"Sweet heart what's wrong?" I blink several times and see that I'm on the floor, with my back to the sink. I look up to him and he's just watching me with a concerned, watchful gaze. 

"Nothing, just thinking about all the groceries I need to get. Also that I'm pretty stumped already, and I want a nap." I say with a small smile, looking up at him. He nods his head and walks to me, placing his hand out for me to grab. I grab it with ease and pull myself up. Once on two feet, he grabs me and places me on the counter and traps me from going else where, standing between my legs, and placing his hands on my waist. 

"You sure you're okay? You looked a little sad." He raises his hand and stokes my cheek. I smile and lean into his hand. 

"I'm okay." I whisper with a small smile. He gives me a small smile as well, and pulls me to him, in a warm lovers embrace. He kisses the top of my head and heat grows inside my chest and it spreads through me.

"Did you want to go today?" He asks softly. I hum and just relish him. His heart is thumping strongly and it makes me calm. 

"It doesn't matter."

"Well you can get the keys and go when ever, but if you want me to go with you, or someone else, then you're gonna have to tell me." I pull away from him slightly and look up at him, while he holds on to my waist and I his arms.

"I can go alone, but if you want to join me you can." 

Please come.

He looks at me for a minute or so, and nods his head. 

"Just give me a few minutes, and we'll go." I smile and nod my head. He lets me go and kisses me quickly and goes out the kitchen door.

WEEK LATER

"Charlie we can't get a calf, dammit!"

"Yes we can!"

"Oh yeah!. Then what are we going to do with it huh?"

"Well if it's a girl, she can make babies or produce milk...be a mother to other abandoned babies."