31

"I am so glad that Landon didn't take me anywhere on Valentines. I mean I would be grateful yeah but I didn't want to go out. I'm more of a take your girl out when ever and not just that day. Be special all the time or be spontaneous."

"Yes girl, preach to your sister!" I laugh as I hear a distant Adela on the phone. To my surprise Landon still let me talk to her and I even got a phone. I didn't have one when I came to the ranch since I didn't want my past or parents to reach out to me. It was actually his idea to get one. Saying 'I don't want any other woman calling me other than you.' He bought me the newest phone there was and I was so happy I could've jumped the man.

"So when you coming down again?"

"I don't know, but hopefully soon. I'm kinda tired of the snow, but I rather put up with the cold than heat."

"You got me there girl. I used to hate when Elli- OH..."

"Wait what?"

"No no nothing!"

"No no no say what you were gonna say! It almost sounded like you said Elliot-"

"Oh no the dogs are in the pool again I gotta go! Talk to you later Charlotte!" I huff as I hear the dial tone. Now I really want to know what happened to her and Elliot. It's like everyone is scared to talk about it, like its the plague or something. Your crops and animals will die if you speak of Elliot and Adela.

The door opens and I look back and see it's Elliot the man of the hour. I close the pot and face towards him. He looks at me and nods his head while heading to the table to get his water. I continue looking at him and wonder. Could he and Adela actually have a thing? They didn't show signs like the way her and Landon did. I'm gonna ask.

"Hey Elliot..." he looks up from his phone

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you a question...it's kinda personal.."

"Um yeah sure, shoot."

"Did you and Adela used to date?" I fiddle with my fingers and see that his face had hardened. Oh man, I'm in trouble.

"Who told you?" I blink rapidly and then shake my head.

"No one I just-" Just then Landon walked in and took off his hat. I look to him with hope. He looks at me and then frowns a little and then looks at Elliot.

"Did you tell her?" Landon looks at him confused and then gives me a side eye and looks back at his brother.

"Tell her what?"

"Don't beat the damn bull Lan. Did you tell her!?"

"Hey don't yell at me I'll kick your pretty boy ass right here right now."

"Yeah yeah what the fuck ever. I'm being serious here. Did you tell her about me and her?"

"Don't start something you can't finish man. No I didn't tell her. You act like she's dumb and won't notice or find anything out."

"I knew you fucking told her!" Oh man me and my mouth. Ima get them killed.

Elliot pushes Landon and he stumble back a little and I begin to panic. Landon takes off his scarf and throws it behind him and then starts to stalk towards Elliot. He stands right in front of him and they both stare at each other with killing eyes. Their bodies stiff and loose all at the same time, ready to move or swing at the other. I have to do something!

Before I could, Elliot swung at Landon and it landed right on the jaw, but it didn't faze Landon. He swung right back and hit him in the jaw as well. He then tackled him to the floor and started to beat on him. While Elliot was getting in hits as well.