8

It's been a week since I've been hear at the ranch and all is well. My problem is that I'm not used to heat yet. I have chores that I do, after I make the boys breakfast that is. My Chores are taking out the chickens and roosters, getting the eggs, feeding the them, feeding the momma soon to be's, and giving them a bath if they want one. The horses don't really know me that well and they sometimes don't want me to take them a bath, so I leave that to the boys. I also take care of the garden that was in a pretty bad condition. I don't think they had a green thumb. 

Iv'e also come to know everyone's name, their likes and dislikes, and if they were allergic to any kind of food, since I was cooking for everyone. No one was allergic to anything thank goodness. It made my life a little easier cooking. I don't know how well they could stand the heat, but I'll give it a try sometime soon. 

Once I had got done with my chores, I go up to my room and shower. How showers don't really sound good on hot days down here. It's either cold, or colder for me. Sometimes I'll take a warm shower but that's if it's still a little chilly out. Thank goodness I had John help me pick out clothes. I would have bought so much 'winter' clothes if it wasn't for him. Wranglers were a big yes to him, and some other cowboys telling me to buy them. John would just give them an eye and they got to their business again. 

Giggling back at the memory I put on some shorts, and my bralette. I feel a little more free sometimes in them, more so than an actual bra. I peak out and make sure no one was in my room and go to my closet. I pull out a white button up and cover my self fast. Reason being, was because one day, a ranch hand had bust through with out knocking and I was in just my bralette and shorts. I ran and hid in my closet while he just pulled down his hat and covered his face. He told me that Ace told him to come fix my window so I could open it, if I wanted to. I came out of the closet, with a shirt of course, and he was still in the spot I seen him in. I had laughed and told him he could start if he wanted and he nodded his head. When he moved his hat, his face was red as the sunset. I had giggled and told him it was okay, but to knock next time. He just nodded his head again, and got to work on the window. 

Going down stairs, I hear someone going through the kitchen. Is there a robber? Oh my gosh someone is here! I go down more quietly and hide behind the corner. I pick up the bat that Ace and the other ranch hands had put there and hold it tightly against me. Should I swing first, or ask questions? Swing first questions later. 

Stepping out I take a step and swing the bat and come in contact with someones chest. I go back and drop the bat. I cover my mouth with my hands look at hunched over Ace. I walk to him slowly and just stand there shocked and worried. 

"I. am. so. sorry Ace. I d-didn't know it was you. I thought someone was stealing things. I'm so sorry, do I need to call the ambulance?" He shakes his head, and gets up holding his chest. 

"Why would someone steal food? Also who comes to a ranch to steal, when there are dogs out front? Third, how the hell did you hit me so good? Hard too." I look at him worriedly and poke his chest with my finger. He flinches and swats my hand away. I smile a little and he glares at me telling me it's not funny, and I go back to being worried. 

"I used to be in a baseball team. Also, I don't know this town too well. I don't know if someone steals or if there are bad people." I say while throwing my hands up in the air. He chuckles and shakes his head, while rubbing his chest. "Are you okay though? The bat kinda bounced back when I hit you." I quietly say at the end. He shoots his head up and playfully glares at me. I give him a small smile in return.

"Yeah I'm okay. It kinda felt like I was thrown off a horse for the first time. I'm not fat either smart ass. You hit pure muscle." I laugh and he pushes me and I almost fall. I catch my self and glare at him.

"See who serves and feeds you diner. Why are you here anyway? Aren't you supposed to be out herding cattle?" 

"I am, but me and you will be going into town to get a new horse, and some feed. So lets get going." I turn to walk away and gets my shoulders and turns me to the door. I stop and laugh.

"I don't have shoes on smart one. Let me go put some on and I'll meet you in the truck or what ever." I go up stairs and put on some socks and shoes quickly, before running down stairs. I grab my sunglasses on the counter and go out side. I put them on, and walk to the truck hauling trailers. I get into the passenger side and notice some other ranch hands are with us. We all say our hellos while Ace drives us into town.

🐴🤠

"Can you watch what your doing?" I grumpily say to the ranch hand. I don't mean to be mean, but I have to put my foot down or they'll run over me. Literally. Watching the cattle move slowly into the new paster I relax a little more. We had put in a water bin too, so they wouldn't have to travel back up to get some. The hard part about this drive was the two bulls we had weren't listening today and rallied up the rest of the cattle. I don't know why they were so mad. They're pretty old and they should just be docile, and calm now, but no. They got mad today and pissed me off too. 

Looking up to see back to the houses I see dust, telling me Ace had left. I told him to take her, but why did it bother me so much? It's not like I wanted her right? Women just distract me now, and I don't need that. I need to focus on the ranch. She seems different from. No. I can't. I can't let her get to me.

When she helped me the second day though. Gosh I couldn't help but want her hands all over me. Her hands were so soft, and small, compared to mine. When I pulled to me, she was so soft, and curvy, she practically molded into me. I thought I was going to die, when she ran her hands on me, and scolded me slightly, with out even knowing she did it. What a woman.

Wait what am I talking about? I can't have her. Now, or ever. I have to resist her. I'll eat in the boys house. I have to avoid her, or I think I'll fall in love with her.

OMG Guys! Pretty short chapter for me, but that just me. Happy International Women's Day!! I am thankful for all the strong women out there that inspire people and just do them. So thank you for being a women and reading my story if your a women. Even if your not a women I want to thank you for reading my story lol. 

So tell me what ya'll think, if ya want. No judge here. If you judge, I can't have that. I mean why? Like why dude? 🤷‍♀️

I have other stories too, if ya'll want to check those out too. I literally range anywhere in my books lol. Well some are still drafts, but once I finish these babies, the other will go up.

But yeah guys, that it. Once again, thank you and till then Peace out Girl Scouts ✌️