13

Its been a few weeks now that I've seen Landon. I've tried sometimes while doing my chores to see him, but he would make sure not to see me. I made sure to try as hard too, to see him. Call me a stalker, but I wanted to know why he left like that. Why not just leave me, and not kiss me. But no, he had to go and kiss me. Well I kissed back and kinda helped the situation but it takes two to tango.

Walking out to the little chicks I sit down on the grass. Under the tree it's fresh and you can actually open your eyes instead of squinting because it's so bright out. A chick comes up to me and I let it peck my nails.  It was so cute, and every time it would peck me I would giggle. It wasn't a painful as a full grown chicken peck and I'm sure thankful for that. 

I picked the chick up but it was so focused on getting my painted nail than me picking it up. I smile and just message his little neck. The chick pecked me some more while clucking until he fell asleep in my hand. I smiled and kissed his little beak and head. I held him to my chest and looked up. To my surprise Landon was looking. I froze and felt a blush come alive.

How long has he been looking at me? Did he still like me? Why did he leave? So many unanswered question. Feeling anger rise I frown and look back at the chick sleeping in my hands. I wake him up gently and put him down on the ground. He chirps and goes back to his momma when she calls out to him.

Smiling I get up and dust off any thing I have on me. I look up and see that he's still there looking at me. The nerve of this man. I turn and walk back to the house. He can stare at my butt, because I really don't are about him right now.

Walking into the kitchen I see Ace leaning over the counter drinking some tea. He stands up when he sees me and smiles. I give a small smile back and he chuckles. I look down to see if I had something on me and nope, nada. I dust off my shorts and shirt and look up at him confused.

"You look like you were confused to see me. It was cute." I shake my head and go over to the fridge and take out my bottled water I had put in. Taking a drink and putting it back I look at Ace and he's just messing with his hat. I smile and hum to get his attention.

"What can I do you for Ace? Did you just come here to get away from the hot sun?"

"No none of that. I came here to ask you if you are interested in goin' swimming. Our friendly neighbors got a pool and invited us. Hope you have a bathing suit."

"Oh well that was nice of them. Maybe we can do something in return, like throw them a cook out? I'll have to check on that bathing suit though." I take his glass and fill it up with some more tea and then realize I had to cook. "Sorry Ace but I can't. I have to cook. Maybe next time?"

"Oh no everyone is going. They're making food over there too, so you don't have to bring anything. Well you could back a cake or something but no cooking involved for you." He smiles widely showing all his pearly whites. I smile back and nod my head.

"Okay Ace, I'll go. What if I don't have a suit though?"

"Just hope that our neighbor has one then, and that it fits." He leaves with a tip of his hat and I go up stairs. I skip two at a time and open my door. I don't remember him telling me a time. I rush to my window and open it. I see him getting on his horse, and I call out to him. He looks for me and then finally looks up. He smiles and waves.

"What time are we leaving?" I yell out. He shrugs and then laughs when I give him a dead pan look.

"We leave when we got off of work, so maybe seven, seven thirty." I nod my head and wave him off. He waves back and rides out into the ranch. I heard them talking about how they got new calves in. Hope they get everything situated. I go to my closet and pull out my suit case. I dump all of the clothes on the bed and start my search for a bathing suit. I didn't swim much back then when I lived in Missouri. I didn't think I would swim down here, but I was wrong.