6

Getting off the truck was a little tricky. I wasn't used to the boots and the truck and pretty high. Thankfully Ace came around and helped me down. Looking around the whole place I was beginning to fall for it. I couldn't though. I had to get to grandpa's friends house. Heaven only knows how worried he might be. 

"I have all your papers. I'll just show you inside, how's that?" Ace asks me from behind. I nod my head and start to fix my hair knowing that it would be a mess already. If the wind blew slightly my hair is a nest. I hate it. I pulled down my shirt and pulled it up since it showed too much skin then back down to cover my behind. I'm just a mess.

"Darlin' stop. You look great. Besides everyone will love you. First girl in over almost a year now, so they're bound to love or like ya. Now come on now, and stop fidgeting like I said." I throw a frown his way and he laughs it off and walks up the steps to the house. Opening the door for me I stop at the top not wanting to go in. I don't know why but I couldn't move. My nervous got a hold of me. Inside seemed beautiful but I was nervous to meet everyone...again? I'm ridiculous.

"You're ridiculous. You know everyone inside this house. Besides half of them are working so come on in. If you don't get in the next five seconds I'm tossing you over my shoulder." I look at him worried and he just laughs. I take a hesitant step then another and I find my self inside. 

"There you go. No follow me into the kitchen, where food awaits us." Following Ace into a little hallway I notice some pictures up on the walls but couldn't really make out what was on them. "Charlie this here is the kitchen and the boys." I pull out of my thoughts and see five men sitting at a table staring at me. I wave a little and give a small smile. Have they never seen a girl other than today? I get out of my zone and walk up to them one by one shaking their hand and introducing myself. Once I was done it wasn't as awkward. The men at the table just went back to eating and chatting like we hadn't walked in. Ace lead me over to a chair at the corner and he sat in front of me. Getting a plate in front of him he served him self a piece of meat, mash potatoes, green beans and corn. Then he places it in front of me. I look at him wide eyed and then to the others, but they were just chowing down.

"What's wrong now? Are you one of those girls who doesn't eat in front of men? Is that why your a little thin?" He laughs at the end, and starts to serve him self his own plate. I shake my head and look at him.

"This is quiet a lot of food. I won't finish it all, and I'm not that hungry, just tired." He nodded his head and started to eat his food.

"Eat what you can, the rest goes to the dogs and cats out side." He says while giving me a jar filled up with lemonade and ice. I give him a small smile as a thank you and take a drink out of my cup. Looks like I can't get out of this one, might as well eat what I can. Taking my silverware I cut the meat into pieces then put down my knife. Picking up a piece I see Ace and the others watching me. I frown and put the piece in my mouth and chew on it, while looking at them. These men are weird. 

"Is the meat okay?" I look at a hand and nod my head yes. He sighs and take a drink of his lemonade.

"Did you make this?" He nods his head and I continue eating. Could use a little more salt, but this was still good. I wonder if he cooks all the time or do they alternate? Why are they only eating too? Was there not enough? So many questions. I stop eating but then remember that Ace said that the unfinished food goes to the dogs and cats. Isn't that unhealthy for them?

"Sweetheart just please eat. It's just us left and no one else will come on in. I'll give you a tour of the place when your done if you want." I give him a small smile and nod my head. He nods back and continues eating and chatting with the others. I let out a sigh and continue eating my food as well.