20

Waking up to whines and head buds I sit up and open my eyes. I look around and see that Ares has to go to the bathroom. I pull out a robe and adjust my pants that never seem to stay in one place. Setting him down on the floor he hurries to the door and starts his way down the stairs. I laugh and follow him. He wages his tail, jumps and yelps for me to hurry to let him out. I open the door and he runs out and starts sniffing. I go out and close the door behind me. I sit down on the steps and mess with my hair and nails while I wait for Ares.

He's such a beautiful puppy. His long coat is soft and dark in color. His ears are pretty big too. I love to mess with them. I just love him. He's like my baby. He could be Landon's too but he hasn't been around much. He stops by when he can and lays down with me and we talk. Every now and then we'll eat together. Those are the times I look forward to. 

Feeling something wet touch my hand I pull out of my thoughts and see Ares sitting in front of me panting. I smile and scratch and rub his head and neck praising him. I get up and open the door for Ares and he runs in. He goes to his water bowl by the kitchen island bar. I close the door and walk over and open the cabinet and pour him his food. 

He waits patiently thank goodness and when I'm done he starts eating. I smile and put back his food. I'm really thankful that Landon taught him this. He also taught him how to wait, sit, lay down and to go to bed. I don't know why he had to learn everything so young. He's just a baby still. Oh well though. He's Landon's baby too. Mine and his. That thought makes me so happy. 

After mine and Ares' morning routine we take a walk outside. I decided to walk the road that goes all the way back as far as they eye can see. As I walked Ares would trail ahead and smell and then sprint off the sides and yelp and start sniffing again. I just smiled and watch him do his thing. He never went too far from me though. I think Landon taught him that but I'm not sure.

I miss him. Most of the boys went away for some big thing. No one ever told me where they went or what they went for. I was left confused and uninformed. Not good combinations but they'll have to do. John stayed with me along with a few younger people as well. They feed the animals and took and put them back in when they needed to. 

I was glad that I could go out again. Well with no bandana and a lot of makeup on my face. I didn't know how to put it on, but I learned and watched videos on youtube. Helped a little bit but I mostly did it by trial and error. Go me. I'm also glad that he didn't see me as much like that either. 

He told me at night he would sneak into my room and take pictures of me. I freaked out and hit him saying that wasn't nice and that it was weird. He laughed and said that he could do as he pleased sense it was his house and I'm his. I just blushed and just pushed him away, not saying anything else. 

I hear Ares growl and look back to see him growling at something far away. I quint my eyes and see that someone was ridding towards us. I smile and call Ares to me gently. He comes wagging his tail and then turns to keep an eye on the unknown person. I pat his head and rub his neck, ears, and sides. 

"Your such a good boy Ares. You deserve a treat when we get back inside." I open up the water for him and I and let him take much needed drink. It wasn't really hot out like usual. It was good weather, but it was more chilly. The wind was cold and fresh if you've been walking or working all day. Good thing I wore what I wore or I would have been dying. 

I hear the ridder come closer and see a familiar figure. I smile widely and wait for him to come closer. Once he was close he got off the horse, while it was still going and took long strides to me. I smile happily and wait till he was close and run up to him. He opens his arms and I jump on him. He catches me and spins us around. I laugh and hold on tighter to him and he chuckles. He stops and turns his head to kiss my cheek. I smile and lean back a little to look at him.