Swift p2

So this is the part two which isn't from the original draft. But I hope it falls in the right place anyway.

Chapter 19 : Swift p2

I. Can't. Sleep.

Horrible isn't it? When your brain refuses to give in and just shut up for like eight hours. I mean honestly sometimes I think I'm nocturnal. That would be the life though. I'd love to sleep throughout the day.

Should speak to the government about that.

Anyway, I decide to go downstairs at one o'clock in the morning hoping my parents wouldn't think there's a serial killer lurking. Oh who am I kidding I'm a cereal killer, mwa ha ha!

Lack of sleep is doing this to me.

As I trudge, trying to be stealth as possible,walking on my tippy toes and shoulders hunched, I notice the lounge light switched on. Mum is sitting on the recliner, leaning against the table, her figure bent over as she sorts through papers. I walk towards the opposite couch and lean against the backrest waiting to catch her attention.

"Trouble falling asleep, I presume"

Mum whips her head around, brown hair flying in shock as he holds her chest. "Oh gosh, Danny, you scared me!"

"Sorry," I scratch the back of my neck with a guilty smile. "Mind if I join you?"

She nods her head towards the couch, motioning me to sit and so I do.

"What's up sweetie?"

In response I shrug not knowing where to start. Toying with a loose thread of couch sewing as I try to make else if the last couple of days.

"Hey if there's anything wrong you know you can trust me," Mum says patting my knee comfortly.

I nod in understanding. "I know it's just so hard to explain what's going on, I can't really find the right words, know what I mean?

Even I don't know what I mean at this point.

"Not entirely,"  Mum says slowly and her eyes fall to my hand so I follow her gaze. "That's a nice bracelet"

The bracelet Silver got for me.

"I notice you sometimes absentmindly play with it, who gave it to you? Someone special I'm guessing"

I blink twice there's a teasing tone in her voice, a blush creeps on my face. Stupid blood.

"He . . . He's not special," I stutter.

Stutter?

What the heck?

"A he?" Mum beams with a happy goofy grin. Weirdo.

"Yeah, Xavier that dude," I say slowly trying to see of she recalls.

"Which Xavier? I never heard of this guy, sweetie you only told me about the twins, where did this boy come from"