Sensing her impatience, John gets the key from Charlie and she says that she'll give them a bit of time to have a look around on their own because she knows that there's nothing worse than when there's someone hovering over you while you're looking at something.

Roxanne bounces on her feet as he unlocks the door, hands resting on his shoulders until he finally pushes it open and that's when she pushes by him.

"Crikey love," he laughs, "Eager much?"

She's pleasantly surprised. The place actually looks livable. Yes, it needed some love like the carpet that was in the living room, that had to go and some decorating had to be done in the kitchen.

After snooping around some more; looking in the tiny under the stairs cupboard and such, Roxanne goes upstairs - she needs to check that out too.

It's a two-bedroom which is perfect for them and the baby and as soon as she steps into the first bedroom, she's pretty much sold. Just standing there, she can see exactly where things are going to go, she can see their child playing with toys on the floor and when she looks out into the back garden, that's where they're going to run around with friends when they're older. Perhaps they'll have a swingset.

She smiles when John wraps his arms around her, hands as always, resting on her stomach.

"What do we think?" he murmurs, lips against her cheek.

She turns her head to look at him, "Yeah, I reckon it-" she suddenly stops and John, who feels the light nudge against his hand practically leaps away from her.

"Was that...?"

Roxanne nods, gently pressing her hand to the spot where she'd felt it, "I think so. John, I think they just kicked!"

"Holy shit," he breathes, "Sorry, holy...oh my god, Rox."

"Wait," she whispers, taking his hand to place it where hers is, "Feel."

Though slightly wary, he does and immediately, he feels the light nudge again and he breathes out a laugh, "Hi there, little one."

Roxanne rests her head against his shoulder and for a couple of minutes, they stand in the middle of the empty room, feeling the baby move for the first time against his hand.

"I think they like your voice," she says quietly, making him smile, "They know who dad is."

"Stop," his grin grows, "You're going to make me cry."

"Knock, knock," he looks over Roxy's head to see Charlie stood at the door, face red at the fact that she's interrupted them on such an intimate moment, "Oh, sorry! I was just coming to see how you were getting on. I'll...I'll wait downstairs."

Roxanne giggles as she disappears again and John takes a look around the room, "Well? What do you think?"

"It's perfect," she nods, "And I think the baby thinks so too."

Unable to help himself, he leans down and presses a kiss to her lips and then he's heading towards the door, "Then we should go talk to Charlie. See what they're wanting."

She nods again as he leaves to go downstairs and before she follows, she takes one last look around the room before following, not at all surprised to see that John is already talking details with the woman.

"This is what they were asking for," Charlie hands them a sheet of paper with all the numbers and such on it and when Roxy sees the asking price, her heart drops.

"It's so expensive, John."

It is. It's a lot more than he thought it was going to be but he supposes that it's fair. It's the garden that's the problem, not the house.

Charlie takes the sheet back, "This house has been on the market for a long time. A good six months I think and I know that the previous owners are really wanting to be rid of it so I wouldn't be surprised if they took a lower offer."

Roxy looks at her, "You think?"

"I don't know how much lower," she admits, "But it's worth asking. I'll ring you later on once I've got back to the office if you'd like."

John's nodding before she can even finish speaking, "That would be great, yeah."

"Thank you."

Charlie shows them out after that, shaking their hands before they get into the car.

Roxy looks at the house longingly as they drive off and John puts his hand on her knee, "It might work out for us, love."

She sure hopes so.

++|++

When they get home, Roxanne feed Amos and Casper before she and John make a start on their own dinner and while he's chopping up the vegetables, she's leaning against the counter snacking on some carrot sticks...dipped in peanut butter.

"That is disgusting," John grimaces and she shrugs.

"I know. Normally I wouldn't touch this," she holds up the jar and crunches on another carrot, "But right now? It's pretty tasty. Wanna try?"

"Indeed I do not."

"More for me then," she grins, dipping another baton into the jar, "Have you heard anything else about the album?"

"Not yet," he admits, "But the chart comes out on Friday. Let's hope that we can make it two weeks at number one."

"I'll keep everything crossed." she then shakes her head, "I can't believe that you have a number one album. I'm so proud of you guys."

He beams at her, pouring the veggies into a pan, "We've also been invited back to Top of the Pops in the new year."

"Yeah? You gonna do it?"

"Nah," he shakes his head, "We're gonna be in Japan, aren't we?"

"Right," she nods, "The promo tour. How long is that again?"

"Just a couple of weeks," he promises, "Then it's a few shows here in London and then we're off until the baby comes."

Roxy feels herself working out the dates in her head. Her due date was near the end of March and the promo tour of Japan was in January. He'd be back in plenty of time.

"I'll be here," he promises, hands on her shoulders, "Wouldn't miss this for the world."

Smiling, Roxanne sorts a piece of his hair that's out of place, "What do you think? Boy or girl?"

"Hm," he thinks for a moment, "Girl."

"Really?"

He nods, "How about you?"

"They're definitely a boy."

"No they're not," he flattens his palm against her stomach, "You're a girl, aren't you?"

There's a slight nudge against his hand which makes his smile grow.

"Told you!"

Roxy shakes her head, "I know our baby, John. Definitely a boy."

"Girl," he sings, going back to the pan to watch over its contents and she leans back up against the counter.

It really doesn't matter what their child is. They're going to love them either way.