12 - Gift Planning

Depuis le début

"Like you're doing here. The kids will be able to see you again, I am sure of it...Right Sven Jr?" I laugh and look over my shoulder.

"Of course, you are wise Kristoff," Sven Jr responds and I hear Jack laughing next to me.

"Why thank you Sven Jr," I cheer and wink my eye to Jack. "See Jack, things will turn out just fine!"

Suddenly we heard a metallic sound behind us and water splashing down. We turn around and see a kid staring.

"Hey boy, what got you to look like you just saw a ghost?" I chuckle and then he points at Jack.

I glance at Jack and I see how tiny snowflakes and sparkles circle around one streak of his hair, coloring it white.

"Oh, " Jack smiles and stands up, "I have seen that look once before. You can see me, right?"

There was some genuine happiness and surprise in Jack's voice then. And the stable boy just nodded and stepped back.

"A-are you a ghost? You weren't there when I picked up the bucket!" The stable boy shivers.

"Nah, my name is Jack Frost...as you might already guess," Jack bows to the boy and takes his staff.

I see Jack walking to the kid and then he gently taps the wet floor with the G end of the staff. A thin layer of ice forms on the waters surface and the child gasps.

"See, I am very much real," Jack chuckles and I guess he is smiling widely.

"Wow! I gotta tell Alexander and Sofia!" the stable boy cheers and laughs as he runs out from the stable.

"Please do!" Jack cheers and I see him hopping to sit on the edge of Sven Jr's den.

I get up as well and pick up the bucket. Then I walk to fill it up from a bigger bucket and bring it to Sven Jr.

"Yup, I am happy for you but next time let the boy finish his work," I laugh as Sven Jr. starts drinking.

"Sorry but... It just makes me so happy when the kids believe in me," Jack hums and I see how there's more white parts in his hair now and his brown eyes have become lighter.

"Why so... wouldn't it be nicer to be invisible?" I wonder and place the empty bucket down.

Jack is quiet for a while, "Nah...well, sometimes it is but it gets lonely."

"I see...so to next topic which is a serious problem and I need to talk with another man...because Sven is a deer," I start with serious tone.

"Umm...what's it about?" Jack asks from me.

"Christmas presents...Anna got stuff for the twins and well, she always surprises me so I need something good for her... what have you gotten to your girlfriends?" I wonder and stare at him.

"Oh," Jack just hums and doesn't say anything.

"What do you mean -oh-?" I frown at him "-this is a serious issue?!"

"Have you...like...asked it from her?" Jack wonders and laughs awkwardly.

A sigh escapes from me, "You don't have a girlfriend?"

"Nope," Jack says and pops the p, "-never had one I think. Well I am not sure of my human life but still I don't remember anything about it even if I had one."

"I see...hmm...so what did you get to Elsa? She's a girl you know," I wonder.

Jack startles and seems shocked, "Should I get her something?"

"Of course? She's your friend... I even got Olaf a gift," I explain and I see Jack almost panicking.

"You have no idea, do you?" I hum and stare at him.