XVII. Mission Time

"I know you don't want to wake up, but we have a mission. Remember?"  Shikamaru said, and Naruto sat up and nodded.

"Yes I remember, hey Shikamaru." Naruto said watching Shikamaru grabbing their attire. Naruto felt good on chakra, and if he needed too, he could use Kurama's.

"Yes Naruto." Shikamaru said and Naruto stood, brushing his hair while sliding into Shikamaru's arms.

"I promise my life won't end tonight." Naruto said and Shikamaru gave him a smile.

"I'm counting on it, Naruto." Naruto and Shikamaru got dressed, both put on mask and headed out the village. It was dead in the middle night and it was said that Orochimaru's hideout was by the wind country.

They walked in silence not really saying anything, Naruto was trying to calm himself down. He couldn't loose his cool, he needed to keep his composure.

"I'm right here with you, Naruto." Shikamaru said and Naruto leaned into Shikamaru.

"What did I do to deserve somebody as sane as you?" Naruto asked, and Shikamaru gave a sigh.

"I'm not as good as you think I am. I don't want anybody to see and or touch you, that means our friends as well." Naruto gave a smile at the thought of Shikamaru actually doing that.

They came upon a cave, and Naruto unsealed a Kunai, he stood there and tilted his head.

"I don't even know what you master." Shikamaru smiled, and stood behind Naruto.

"Don't worry honey, I'll be with you." Shikamaru squatted, and did some hand sign before unsealing ink and paper.

"Sealing Art; Massive Chakra bondage." Naruto eyes widned but only smiled. Shikamaru pulled a Kunai and walked in after Naruto.

"How did a Nara come across a lot of chakra to cast that seal?" Naruto said as he started slicing the experiment that were let free for this.

Meanwhile he held a smile on his face, and no chakra bubbles at his feet, Naruto was completely in control of his emotions.

"I haven't been completely honest, but I'm only half Nara." Shikamaru said, and looking at him, it made sense.

"You are a mix breed of what other clan?" Shikamaru leaned down and whispered in his ear.

"Hyuga. However instead of their clans Jutsu, I developed my shadows, but I have a lot of chakra to spare." Naruto nodded.

"You shouldn't keep secrets from me." Naruto said as the stood among the dead, walking further into the dark cave.

"Why not?" Shikamaru said as they stepped into a lit room, locking eyes with Orochimaru and his companion.

"Oh, Tsunade sent you again. Think you can get the job done this time?" Orochimaru baited, and Naruto spoke.

"I can't marry a man full of secrets." Naruto said proudly, Shikamaru eyes widened before he nodded.

"I promise I'll tell you more about me when we kill them." Naruto nodded as Shikamaru squatted to draft another seal.

"How long will this take you? Naruto?" Naruto tapped his chin before summoning the sword.

"I'm not as complacent as I was before, but to make it fair to the snake, let's do 15 minutes." Shikamaru chuckled and Orochimaru cackled.

"You really believe you can destroy me? IM IMMORTAL."

"Sealing arts; Destructive Grounds." The seal cast and Shikamaru stood back up, watching as he didn't see and chakra bubbling at Naruto's feet.