XIV. Battle

Sakura watched as Sasuke took on Gaara, the duo were so close to the closing elements of the match until she saw Naruto hair flow from his holder, and him tossing his shoes before he spoke.

"Go to Shikamaru." Naruto said as he drew a Kunai, and the minute he landed on the ground, he heard metal clinking, and an explosion from the east side of the village.

Hizuren stood quickly, as he felt a wide spread Genjutsu. He looked over and saw the body of the Kazekage falling, and a maniacal laughter he hasn't heard in a while. He saw the long tongue and his former student with two arms, even if Naruto sliced one clean off.

Naruto stood in front of a taller male, who Kunai rested against his, he had white hair and glasses he had the same chakra signature of the male that called Orochimaru by his name.

"I've come for the Uchiha." He said and Naruto body littered in lines, as his diamond that rested on his chest glowed blue.

"I'm sorry you all travelled far for something you can't obtain." Naruto said pushing the man off of him. Gaara took Sasuke away so Naruto could fully protect them, Sasuke frowned, but nodded headed to help fight some people who invaded.

"Keep your eyes on him, Gaara." Naruto said and Gaara nodded. Naruto cracked his bones, he rarely used this, but he was angry and wanted to see bones break, so without thinking too much about anything but seeing bones break Naruto spoke.

"Cast a seal, I want this bastards fucking blood!" Naruto made a clone solely on Kurama's chakra so Kurama could make the seal, once he did he looked towards the top of the Hokage tower. There was barrier, and he was sure the old man was up there.

Seeing if he could save the man, he ran that way dodging the traps that were set. Naruto would be ultimately devastated if the old man didn't make it, he would blame himself, he would go dark seeing that the first man that acknowledged him to die, he wouldn't be able to go on.

"You're a medic." Naruto didn't reply to the man, as he punched him in the jaw, dodging his hands, Naruto knew that medics could slice muscles, now he practiced that but Tsunade never did, but this medic seemed to adept in that aspect.

"You are so serious." The male said and Naruto kicked him in the face, pushing more chakra to his legs and arms, starting to really pummel the Guy. He watched as blood flowed, bones cracked, and short gasps could be heard. Naruto didn't even think about anybody before shoving the Kunai in the man's heart, watching the life leave his eyes, before releasing the seal.

Naruto hair laid against his back before her walked out the arena, allowing his feet to lead him, he knew that he had to follow wherever his body was taking him. When he reached the other side, he saw his classmates and friends battling some sound ninja's, Naruto squatted down and took out his sealing utensils. Stroking effortlessly on the paper, he concentrated and slammed his hand down.

"Sealing Art; Dark Plague." Naruto called putting as he stood back up. Black shadows rose from the ground, covering any Shinobi that didn't belong to the leaf and the sand, and killed them. Naruto walked up to Shikamaru, Shikamaru tossed an arm around Naruto while Naruto leaned into him.

"He invaded just to get Sasuke." Naruto said and Shikamaru nodded as Sasuke and Sakura came up to them.

"Are you okay, you're bleeding." Naruto and Shikamaru looked to where Sakura was pointing too, before Naruto spoke.

"That's not my blood." Naruto replied and Sakura exhaled, while leaning into Sasuke, Naruto looked around and saw the barrier go down. He nodded before turning to his friends.

"I'll be leaving, see you at the village meeting." Naruto pulled Shikamaru along, while his friends headed their separate ways, Naruto sighed lowly, Shikamaru just ran a hand up and down the side of Naruto.

Naruto couldn't believe they would go so far to capture Sasuke, the invasion didn't even last long, he was wondered what happened, but he was too tired, something was happening with his body, it was different from when his chakra was merging. However now it would seem that even using a little of his chakra he was super tired.

"Go shower." Shikamaru said and Naruto grabbed his hand pulling it to the bathroom, Naruto stripped himself and Shikamaru before turning on the water and getting in.

Sixteen year old Shikamaru, loved the fifteen year old boy who washed the blood of his body, and from his hair, he always wondered what Naruto thought about being painted as red as his hair. So he decided to ask.

"Do you like blood?" Shikamaru asked and Naruto nodded.

"I like the way it looks, how if I stab my Kunai at a certain angle I can make a blood fountain. It interest me. It might be Kurama's influence however." Naruto said turning the water off and Shikamaru grabbed a towel.

They just put on underwear and slid under the covers, Shikamaru brought Naruto to his chest, running a hand through that red hair as he drifted to sleep, Naruto watched that face for a while before he also just drifted to sleep. Soothing Naruto as the night seemed to change until day time.

The door was being knocked on, and Naruto pulled away from Shikamaru to go answer the door.

"Put some clothes on, that body belongs to me!" Shikamaru spoke loudly before Naruto hit the door, he grumbled and walked back upstairs to throw on a robe.

"Possessive Nara." Shikamaru chuckled and spoke.

"I don't want anybody seeing that body that I marked so brutally." Naruto huffed and opened the door, seeing the sand siblings. Gaara looked sad, Naruto walked forward and Gaara sighed.

"We have to leave, they found my fathers body in the desert. I'll write you Okay?" Naruto nodded and pulled the child into a hug. Patting his hair as Gaara sighed deeply.

"You be strong Gaara, come back because you have to tell the Hyuga how you feel." Gaara's cheeks dusted pink, Naruto gave a smile.

"You were practically flirting during your match, I'll miss you Raccoon." Gaara chuckled.

"Bye Fox, You reek of deer." Naruto sighed happily, before he waved the sand siblings goodbye.  He was about to close the door but saw Asuma walking up.

"Father." Naruto said and Asuma looked like he's been through hell. He walked in, not even ruffling Naruto's hair, so Naruto already knew something happened.

"I'll Kill Kakashi, did he do something to you?" Naruto asked, as Kurama took that time to finally make his way back inside his body, he held his seal as Kurama seemed to be burdened by something.

"Me and Kakashi are fine, but...." Asuma started crying, it wasn't loud, but small tears fell and Naruto was nervous. Shikamaru came down in some sweats and a shirt as he looked at Naruto. He came and sat down next to Naruto as he held Naruto's hand.

"Sensei, what happened?" Shikamaru asked, and Asuma looked at Naruto, such sadness as he had to tell a teen he saw as a son that somebody he saw as a grandfather died.

"My Father died." Naruto sat there with a blank face, as he watched Asuma breakdown a little more, Shikamaru placing his hand on his, bringing Naruto to him.

"Did you know?"

"I got there too late to save him, I'm sorry Naruto."

Naruto stood and calmed his breathing, he didn't want to loose all the emotions he finally gained, but once the tears started falling, he screamed as he felt like a piece of him died. Naruto fell to his knees and clutched his heart as he wailed.

"Ji-San." Naruto spoke through a fit of tears, both Shikamaru and Asuma sat there watching Naruto cry his eyes out.

~