XI. The Smell of Snakes

The teams stood at training ground 44, Anko stood explaining the rules, but Naruto couldn't shake the overwhelming smell of snakes coming from her and the forest. So he did the only logical thing to do. Sakura has been training with Kurenai in Genjutsu, she quickly became a low Chunin level Shinobi, while Sasuke had been training with Kakashi, which put him at high Chunin.

There were still many things they needed to work on, but in time. Naruto was the best sensor in the group, so he took off his shoes, and let his hair down. The woman had finished explaining but team ten and the sand siblings watched Naruto before grabbing their scrolls.

"I hate snakes, this forest reeks of snakes." Naruto said as he pulled out a note, biting his thumb and summoning a fox he hands the fox a note.

"Give this to Ji-San." The fox nodded and ran off, Naruto stood up, and looked to his friends.

"It feels weird calling them my friends."

"That's how you see them however."

"Something fishy, I want you all to be careful in the forest, please make it to the tower safely." Naruto said and Ino smiled.

"You care about us, I'm happy we could be friends to you." Naruto looked at Ino and folded his arms.

"Go get the damn scroll Yamanaka!" Naruto said and Ino hugged him

"I'll watch Shikamaru, you can trust me, as long as you protect my best friend Sakura." Ino whispered, and Naruto sighed.

"I'll protect that stubborn woman, no need to worry Ino." Ino nodded, as she pulled Sakura and Temari to grab the scrolls. Shikamaru walked up to Naruto and tossed an arm around him, Naruto leaned into him as he looked at the forest.

"Your bad feeling, how bad is it?" Shikamaru asked and Naruto spoke.

"So bad that I don't want anybody I like to enter that forest." Naruto whispered and Shikamaru sighed, and tried to console him. Naruto just couldn't shake the feeling.

He didn't even want Ji-San in the forest.

"Shukaku said that he will protect me, but that stubborn fox better protect you." Gaara said and Kurama roared inside Naruto.

"THAT ASSHOLE, HE'S THE ONE EATEN BY INSANITY, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BLAMED THAT SEAL!"

"Kurama says he will, you protect your siblings Gaara." Naruto said and Gaara nodded while Kankuro ruffles his little brothers hair.

"I'll protect my dear little brother, see you at the tower." They walked away when they saw Temari. Choji and Sasuke sighed as they saw Ino and Sakura walk back.

"You be safe in the forest." Naruto whispered and Shikamaru nodded, kissing Naruto on his cheek.

"See you Naruto." Naruto felt his heart rip before he turned back to his teammates, Sakura held Sasuke's hand as she hid the scroll. They reached their gate waiting for it to open. They all took to the tree's, once they were up the scent of snakes increased tenfold.

It was so intoxicating that Naruto almost threw up a hand full of time, Sakura went to jump but Naruto stopped her, looking behind them as they saw a grass woman, she had long black hair and her aura was off, and the scent of snakes stood out.

"I'll give you my scroll, for one thing." Naruto took out a Kunai.

"What would that one thing be?" Naruto feet swirled with red chakra, Sasuke never seen red chakra, just blue chakra, however Sakura remembers it from the time Naruto fought that ninja from the wave. They however remembered the talk with the Hokage right before the exams.

~
"Naruto is an angry child, and it's just because he was brought up on anger, the hatred so it was very hard for him to trust people." Hizuren said looking to the four of them before smiling.

"So I'm happy you four were able to be friends too him, despite the hurdles." Hizuren looked to Ino, Choji, Sakura and then Sasuke.

"However with the exams approaching I want you four to keep an eye on him, blue chakra is fine. He's not looking for blood, just to knock somebody out, but with red chakra..." Hizuren trailer wondering how to explain it without explaining everything.

"Let's just say with red chakra, his emotions are unstable, he's angry, and he's ready to kill, but he only does this if a loved one is in trouble."

~

"Hand over the Uchiha." Sasuke and Sakura's eyes widened, Naruto tilted his head. His red hair falling slightly to the left as he tried to comprehend what this woman was saying. Naruto looked at the woman and spoke.

"I'm not a very patience person, so I'll say this once. Who the hell are you, and why do you want Sasuke?" Naruto said and the woman was getting ready to answer before Naruto held his hand up.

"Do not lie, you reek of snakes, and I've known you were in this village since yesterday." Naruto said and the woman chuckled.

"Ah, well you see I want money. So I want to hold Sasuke hostage..." Naruto took off and sliced the stomach of the woman twisting his body mid-air to try to stab his Kunai in the woman's head but over jumped when he saw that she was shedding her skin.

There was a maniacal laugh heard throughout the forest, and as much as Gaara and Shikamaru wanted to head to Naruto's location, they didn't, and it pained them both, Shikamaru more than anybody.

"You are strong." Naruto stood on the same branch as His teammates, they watched as half of the face was that of a man and the other half was that of a woman. He cackled and cackled while screaming.

"SASUKE IS MY VESSEL, SUCH A BEAUTIFUL BODY, A TAUT BOY HE IS." Sasuke and Sakura watched with horror in their eyes as the male rambled on, and Naruto sighed. He cleaned his Kunai and started calming his breath.

"Sasuke, Sakura." Naruto said as his eyes were closed and his breathing calmed.

"We may have just became friends, and I may have been a bitch to you both in the beginning, but I want you all to know this." Naruto eyes opened to show red eyes, his body was littered in the geometric pattern but instead of black it was red, a huge amount of chakra shot out scaring the nearby teams and animals, as his hair seemed to blow endlessly.

"I will protect you both, I won't let anyone hurt you." Naruto said and he went through the summoning Jutsu signs.

"Summoning arts, Demonic fox Sword." Naruto stood, as a beautiful Katana seemed to come up from the ground. The male standing across from them, his laughing stopped as he seen the legendary sword.

"You must be favored among the foxes, that sword has had only one wielder before you." The male said and Naruto exhaled.

"Sakura, protect Sasuke, Anko is coming." Naruto took off as his sword immediately clanked with another, the legendary grass sword that was covered in poison, but no matches to a sword that literally came from the Shinigami himself.

Sasuke drew a Kunai as many weapons seemed to come flying at him. Sakura calmed her breathing and her chakra going through handsigns, she wasn't going to be weak, she wasn't going to allow Sasuke or Naruto to get hurt because of her.

She was going to hold her own, as soon as she saw Anko she muttered the strongest Genjutsu Kurenai had taught her.

"Demonic illusion; Tree Bind Death." Sakura said, and Anko's surroundings went black, Sakura and Sasuke seemed to move simultaneously. Anko was trapped as Sasuke whispered.

"You never stood a chance against us." Sasuke said and Sakura drew the Kunai, this would be her first death, but she would do it.

"Die, I'll see you in hell." Sakura sliced her neck, blood splattered, as she watched the life leave Anko's eyes.

~