I. Sleepy Child

"All the child does is sleep." A voice said as he watched the red haired child sleep away on the couch in the Hokage's office.

"I am starting to worry, he's eight now and still only sleeps." Another voice said, as they continued watching the child.

"Should we have Tsunade look at him?" The first male said and the second older male that smoked a pipe nodded.

"Yes,I'll see if I can get in contact with her. Isn't it time for you to train the young child now?" The older male said and the younger one nodded.

"I'll be doing that, Father." The male walked over and shook the child awake, the young child eyes blinked in boredom as he looked around, before he yawned and stood up.

"We are finishing your battle strategies today, come now." The younger male pulled out a cigarette and lit it while the child followed behind his teacher.

"Learn well Naruto-Kun." The Hokage spoke lovingly, and the child nodded.

"I will Ji-San." Naruto said as he followed the male out.

Hizuren looked down at his paper and tried to head back to work, but he wondered why all Naruto did was sleep, he was a smart child. He heard his son speak such praises of the eight year old, but he would work, and then sleep, and sleep all day mind you, Hizuren doesn't think he's ever seen Naruto eat anything.

He was silent, and a little brooding. He had a blank look on his face as if everything in this world made him sick, a look of distaste if you will, he looked like that every time he opened his eyes, unless he was looking at the Hokage or his teacher.

Naruto starts the academy soon, seeing as he was being developed by the Sarutobi family, well as much as he could which only included smarts and or Taijutsu. Naruto sat at the park as him and Asuma made up hypothetical questions to see how his battle smarts compared to everybody else in the village, and it was no surprised that he was only second to the Nara heir.

He couldn't have possible surpassed him, not when it's genetically programmed to be a genius like that. However he was a genius in his own right. Asuma wondered how'd he hold up in an actual fight. Naruto continued writing as Asuma watched the child.

"Hey Asuma." Asuma looked up from his red haired student, and gave a smile.

"Hey Shikaku, that must be Shikamaru." Naruto ignored them as he completed his work, he wanted to sleep again, he didn't know why he always slept, but his chakra was overwhelming, and if he was awake for a long time, he's feel nauseous, and he hated that feeling of being sick.

Naruto completed his work and looked to Asuma.

"Asu-Sensei, can you check my work?" Naruto said handing the book over and Asuma nodded, Naruto took that and laid his head down on the man's lap and drifted back to sleep.

"You are training the Uzumaki?" Shikaku said as he watched Shikamaru run off to watch the clouds with Choji.

"Yeah, he's quite smart. However he sleeps all the time and we are unsure of why." Asuma said and he read over the strategies, he handed Shikaku the notebook and watched as his eyes widened at the techniques.

This child was only second to his son. Shikamaru was smart, smarter than him at times, and it shows that Naruto is just as smart.

"Another Genius, that's rare." Asuma nodded, as he ran a hand through the red hair.

Asuma and Shikaku caught up, they were friends, Asuma was almost Shikaku's student at one point, but they were close because they knew that Asuma would be Shikamaru's Sensei when the time came, along with Ino and Choji.

"I should be taking the child back to the office, it's getting late." Asuma said as he looked at the sky.

"Does he not have a place to live?" Asuma shook his head no. He watched as Shikamaru waved to Choji and headed back to his father.

"He had an apartment once, and one day when I was going to pick him up, a bunch of villagers tried to kill him." Shikamaru yawned lightly and spoke.

"Father, is it time for dinner?" Shikaku looked to his son and nodded.

"Yeah, I'm almost done here."

"So where does he stay now?" Asuma hummed.

"Usually with my father, but tonight I'll most likely take him to my home." Shikaku nodded and sighed.

"Well if you both can't watch him, i will." Shikaku said and Shikamaru looked at the child.

"We'll have to see how he reacts to you both, he hates people, but somehow found comfort in me and Father, you both have a good night." Asuma said as he walked away, Shikaku stood there watching as Shikamaru held a questioning look.

He wasn't sure how he felt about that child always sleeping, he only turned around and walked home, his father following behind trying ask him about his day.

~

What it do baby?

As you can see, my creative juices are flowing once again, and yet again I can't stray away from my Shika-Naru.

I hope you enjoy this book as much as my others!

Amiyah😊❣️