VIII. Mission to the Wave Country

"You need to calm down." Naruto said to Asuma, as Asuma continued to smoke cigarette after cigarette after they left the village. They were in formation with Kakashi and Choji in front Sakura and Sasuke behind them, then the bridge builder behind them, then Asuma and Naruto, then finally Shikamaru and Ino.

Asuma clicked his teeth.

"He frightened you, if only for a little." Asuma said and Naruto tilted his head.

"While that's true, you and Shikamaru's aura sky rocketed the minute you seen me hiding. It calmed me down." Naruto said and Asuma calmed, before speaking.

"Are you dating the Nara, you know I approve." Naruto gave a small smile, and spoke to Asuma.

"His Aura is different, and Kyu tells me it's because he's my mate. He the only one I'll let hold me like you and Ji-San used to do. I know that he cares for me, but what if he doesn't like me?" Naruto said, and Asuma hummed.

"How could anybody not like you?" Naruto tapped his chin and Asuma chuckled loudly.

"Well aside from your attitude, and resting face, if they are honest with you, you'll open up right away." Naruto sighed and leaned in Asuma.

"I suppose, I'll talk to him about it." Naruto said lowly, and Asuma nodded. Naruto and the group continued to walk, and suddenly Naruto almost fell because Asuma and Kakashi seemed to leave, but he caught himself and stood straight.

"Where's our sensei's? Why did they just leave?" Sakura proclaimed, and Naruto turned around. He took his hair from the ponytail, and kicked his shoes off, while everybody was looking at him weird, Shikamaru hummed lowly.

"Protect the bridge builder." Naruto said as his eyes darted around before landing on a puddle.

"What are you going to do Baka? I don't...." Sakura was cut off when she heard metal clanking, Naruto dodges a Kunai to his cheek swiftly, while Shikamaru seemed to capture what looked like a clone. The male runs towards Sakura, and since Ino, Choji and Sasuke listened to protect the bridge builder, they were too far.

They couldn't reach Sakura in time, but Naruto did. Before the Kunai sliced Sakura in the throat, Naruto came to save her, stabbing his Kunai into the heart of the man. The blood splattered, and he turned that blank face into a small smile.

"I love the sight of blood."

"Sakura, what the hell did I say? Not only did you almost lose your life, but you totally let your guard down! START TRAINING!" Naruto screamed that last part, and Sakura jumped, Naruto hadn't been angry in a while.

"Shikamaru, what the criminal say?" Naruto asked as he cleaned his Kunai, and placed it back in his weapons pouch. Shikamaru has just finished binding the criminal.

"These two were sent by a Ninja named Zabuza, who's apparently been sent by Gato who somehow has control over the wave." Naruto hummed and sliced the second males neck, before he turned back around and spoke.

"Kakashi, Asu-Sensei. I'm leaving, calm the children down please." Naruto said walking by the confused Genin tying up his hair as he did so, Shikamaru followed after because he could see blue chakra swirling at his feet.

Kakashi jumped down to talk to the children, while Asuma talked to Tazuna. Kakashi mostly scolded Sakura who demanded that she be protected at all cost since she is Sasuke's wife to be. Sasuke only exhaled lowly. He liked Sakura don't get him wrong, but no matter how much he liked Sakura, he didn't want a weak wife.

"Well maybe you and Asuma shouldn't test us!" Sakura screamed and Sasuke sighed as him and Ino along with Choji walked ahead seeing as they didn't want to deal with them.

"Calm down Naruto." Shikamaru said as they continued to walk towards the pier. Naruto heard what Shikamaru said, but chose to rant.

"She is so unbelievably stupid, that fan girl act will get her killed. She wants to be all about Sasuke, but Sasuke is quickly progressing into a Chunin level Shinobi!" Naruto said Shikamaru sighed, and tapped Naruto's forehead, he bent down so him and Naruto were at eye level.

"Naruto." Naruto sighed and looked into those raven eyes, they made him want to just kiss him, so that exactly what he did. Naruto just listened to his instincts, and leaned in to kiss Shikamaru. Shikamaru was surprised, but it's not as if he didn't like it.

Ino and Asuma was constantly teasing him, saying that he liked Naruto more than a friend. He would adamantly deny it. However this kiss, made him feel like he and Naruto could be together in this world, he was the only one that Naruto liked touching more on a playful level than anybody else.

Naruto reveled in the kiss, that made his inner fox purr behind Kurama's loud and insufferable yelling.

"Finally, now mark him!" Naruto pulled away from Shikamaru, sensing that everybody was coming, he stood as the wind blew and looked Shikamaru in his face before saying his next sentence.

"Let's date." Naruto said, and it made Shikamaru chuckle. There was no emotion in his face, but his voice was pleading, and it was cute that he tried to put on his hating face in case anybody came back quicker.

"Troublesome redhead." Shikamaru brought Naruto to his chest, Naruto sighed contently in those arms as Shikamaru spoke.

"Yes, I'll be your future husband, you little ball of Uzumaki Anger." Naruto scoffed, but smile into his chest, before pulling away and talking lowly to Shikamaru.

The duo stood at the water bank waiting for the other members of his team, Sakura was being dragged by Kakashi as Asuma walked with the competent Genin, as Tazuna walked next to Kakashi and Sakura.

"Great, let's head to the wave." Asuma said as he piled the Genin, and the bridge builder in the tiny boat, while he and Kakashi walked on water to the wave country, Naruto could've joined them, but Shikamaru smelled way too good, so Naruto decided to smell Shikamaru the entire ride, while Shikamaru talked to Choji. Sakura frowned the entire time as Sasuke and Ino talked about the mission.

The Minute they stepped off the boat, everybody felt a heavy weight on them, Naruto groaned in absolute annoyance, he walked in front of everybody, his red chakra swirling at his feet.

"He's angry." Asuma said lighting a cigarette, and Shikamaru sighed.

"I don't even know why at this point." Shikamaru said as Naruto took his hair and he quickly jumped up, dodging a sword. Naruto scoffed throwing Kunai at the man that dared tried to cut him down.

"Kakashi, Sasuke. 1 Kilometer to the east , Third tree, 6th branch." Naruto said and Kakashi looked to Asuma.

"He gave you the location of the enemy, go." Asuma said and Sasuke and Kakashi took off.

"You dare try and..." Naruto kicked the man in the face, the Geometric pattern over his body, as his feet and arms glowed red.

"Why am I so angry?" Naruto asked as he kicked the man into the water.

"He interrupted your time with your mate."

"You arrogant BRAT! I'll Kill You!" The man screamed, and Naruto stood on the water. Naruto looked around, and squatted.

"Shut up! I'll fucking watch your blood dance in this water! Asshole!" Naruto brought out his sealing utensils, sealing easily.

Shikamaru sighed and went to walk ahead but Asuma shook his head no, The Genin left behind were watching with wide eyes. Kakashi and Sasuke came back having killed the boy, and then watched as Naruto sliced the man like deli ham.

Naruto watched as the man stopped breathing, taking a deep breath he cleaned his Kunai and sealed it away, tying his hair back in a ponytail. He walked back towards the group, blood on his robe before he spoke.

"I need a bath, please lead the way Tazuna." Naruto said as he walked ahead of the group as if he knew where he was going anyways.