18

The next three months flew by. We went back on the road, and then, just before Thanksgiving, the guys got to go home for the holidays. They didn't have to go back for a week. They'd go on the road again. Then, the week of Christmas, they all got to go home until after the New Year. The day before Christmas Eve, which was the 23th of December, we went back to stay with Nancy. She'd officially given up the thought that I would just leave Mikey. On Christmas Eve, Gerard and Mikey went out to get Nancy her present. I stayed home to help her with the cooking. She had invited Ray and Bob and Frank over for dinner on Christmas Day. The house was beautifully decorated.

Christmas Day came around and I was woken up by Gerard jumping on the end of my bed like a kindergartener.

"Hey, guess what today is?" He said cheerfully.

"It's Christmas, "I said sleepily. I looked around, but Mikey wasn't in here. I sat up and Gerard jerked me out of bed and all-but dragged me down the stairs. He took me to the living room where Nancy was seated. She seemed to be half-asleep as well, but she was excited. Mikey came in shortly after. He sat next to me while Gerard handed out the presents. I forced myself to stay awake, although it was difficult.

"Would you like some coffee?" Mikey whispered in my ear. I looked at him and nodded.

"Yes, please, "I laughed quietly. He got up and returned a couple minutes later with a cup. I took a sip and curled up against him. He put an arm around me. After everything was handed out, we opened our presents. Gerard had gotten me a new messenger bag that had their symbol on it. I smiled at him. Nancy got me a bracelet and several nice blouses. I watched everyone open their gifts. I got Gerard a new drawing kit and a few canvases. I got Mikey a new watch and a hoodie that read "I Was Never Okay". I got Nancy a necklace and a pair of shoes. I thought we were done, but Mikey said he had one more thing.

He got off of the couch and left into the other room. He returned a few minutes later with a small box in hand. I stared at him suspiciously, and then I looked at Nancy and Gerard for clues, but they were just as curious as I was. He got down on one knee in front of me.

"Reese, these last 4 or so months have been by far the best of my life. I met you, and I was lucky enough to get to date you. I have never been so in love with somebody the way I am with you. I've never been more certain about anything in my entire life. Since today marks our three month anniversary, I thought it'd be the perfect time for this. Reese Morgan Noriega, will you do me the honor of marrying me?" He asked, opening the little box. I felt the tears rise. The tension in the room was so thick; you could have cut it with a knife. Gerard and Nancy stared at me expectantly. I threw my arms around him and felt the tears flood from my eyes. I nodded quickly, and he hugged me back. When I let go of him, he pulled the ring from the box and put it on my finger.

"That's just too sweet. He takes after his father in that way, "Nancy cooed from her chair. Gerard sat in a dejected manor on the floor and I stared at him for a minute before looking back at Mikey who was smiling at me. He leaned down and kissed me. I kissed him back, smiling at my thoughts. I was going to be Reese Morgan Way.