Chapter 10

Chung's POV

Why the hell am I seeing her off? I should be asleep...With her. She shouldn't be leaving. This is my fault though...Me and my big mouth...Dammit.

"Hey." I said as I approached Ara. "Are you really sure you want to leave?"

"You shouldn't be here. Get lost." She said in an aggravated tone.

I held up my hands. "I surrender." I said teasingly. "But seriously...Do you even know if you still have a home there? Prince Raven blew up your mansion didn't he? And wouldn't Sander have a new government or royal family by now?"

"I'm sure I want to leave. It would be good for you. You said it earlier. Anyway, you can keep that bear. Maybe you'll cry over it in shame." She snickered at me. Damn wench.

I glared at her. "What makes you think I'd cry over an ugly thing like you? I would never cry over a stupid woman."

"I know you wouldn't." She whispered in a sad way. I felt myself softening but I didn't let it show.

I waved at her as she stepped into the carriage. I met her eyes as she looked back at me through a window in the back. Even in darkness, as her husband, it was easy to tell she was crying.

The carriage started to roll off.

I just watched as she slowly looked down at the seat.

I-I caused tears...I hurt her that badly? Am I that bad of a person?

~Three weeks later~

"Ceiling." I groaned as I woke up, barely any sleep again.

I growled at myself as I stared at a fly circling my head. I closed my eyes.

"Chung get up!" I heard father yell at me then I was pushed off my bed.

I groaned again. "What gives..." I whispered and opened my eyes.

Father towered over me with a glare. "You haven't bathed in weeks. You let Ara leave! You cannot act like this when the constellation festival is today!"

"Constellation festival my ass. I don't care about spirits and shit in that alley. Go away old man." My stomach growled as I watched a rat scurry across the floor.

"Don't you speak like that to me!"

"Umm...Your majesty...Ara is on the phone." A guard said, slowly approaching us.

I jumped onto my feet and stared at the guard. Target located.

"Chung. You can talk to her if you take a bath."

"No thank you." I growled and reached for the phone but the guard was really tall and he held it up.

He handed it to father and he walked away with it.

I listened closely as I pulled my knees close to my body.

"Ara please come and visit Chung. He's a mess. He hasn't bathed at all since you left. He hasn't eaten. The guards are having trouble tending to him. He hasn't changed clothes either. All he'll wear is his underwear. The cooks refuse to deliver him food when he's like that."

"Umm..." I heard her sweet...beautiful voice. I smiled inwardly. "I could come...If I wasn't already here..."

I stopped breathing as the smell of flowers poured into the room.

"A-Ara?" I heard father say. "Why did you come?"

"I missed Chung...I didn't think he'd want to see me though...Can I see him?"