The Primordial War

Percy P.O.V.

It's been a hectic past few days. I explained the situation to Bob and Damasen. It was kind of awkward when Zoё and Bob met, as Bob, when he was Iaeptus, was Zoё's grandfather, I mean, he still is, but he doesn't remember it, so does it count? Zeus was a tad upset when I brought a Titan and a Giant to our headquarters, until I vouched for their loyalty. Bob now fights on the front lines with a spear given to him by Hades, that resembles his old broom. Damasen acts as a healer, using herbs grown by Demeter herself to save people on the brink of death. On a side note, Nico hasn't returned from the little "mission" I gave him, it's been too long for him to not have run into trouble, I hope the little emo is alright.  Leo also cam back, strafing a few monsters on Festus before jumping into battle.

We fought a few battles in the past days, the number of monsters I've killed is absurd, I've probably killed 3,000 in the past 3 days single handedly. I've been sleeping whenever possible, but I still feel like I could sleep for a few days. Me and Artemis have been... interesting. We haven't had any alone time since the night when we rescued Bob and Damasen, so we haven't really gotten to discuss what happened. The most we've gotten to do is steal glances at each other when we thought no-one was looking. Connor and Travis were sworn to secrecy, we both trusted Thalia enough to not spill the beans, and she was unconscious so we made her believe she was seeing things, but mostly trust in her.

I snap out of my musing when my dad flashes into the room I was using as a bedroom as well as war/strategy room at the moment. We got pushed back to Olympus itself, the overwhelming numbers of the enemy proving to be too much. The god's palaces are stacked to the brim with resting warriors, the injured, and in some cases, the dead that we can't give the final rites, as we are at war and don't have time. "Percy, Tartarus is currently moving his troops up the elevators. They brought out a Giant and a Titan, as well as 20 dracanae with shields to protect the troops coming up later." says my dad.

"Alright, I'll see you out there dad." I say. He nods and flashes out. I follow his lead and flame travel out to our forward observation post, where Athena was waiting, acting as an advisor, which is within seeing distance of where the elevators are located. The sight I see is grim, I see Porphyrion and Atlas, as well as the 20 dracanae my dad reported, as I watch, another 30 dracanae come out of the elevator, half of them with shields, half of them with bows. The archers set up behind the shield wall with arrows notched, waiting for an order.

"We need to strike now, before more reinforcements show up. We completely outnumber them right now, but we might not for too long." I say. Athena nods her approval. "This is an excellent time to test out the new branch of our army. Katie, get your team." I order. She nods and runs off, Hazel and about 20 other demigods following her. I turn back to the elevator doors.

Line Break

By the time Hazel mind messages me they are ready, another 50 dracaenae archers show up, an additional 25 shielded dracaenae and another Titan, a winged archer, that Athena named Lelantos, come out of the elevators. That complicates things. "Frank, message Katie and tell her to do an arrowhead formation, she'll know what it means, as well an updated enemy troop count. Tell her the Hunters and Apollo kids will cover them." I say. He nods.

"Artemis, if you would." I say, looking at her. She rolls her eyes and looks at the Hunters.

"Alright girls, ready your bows for supportive fire." she says.

"You too, Apollo cabin. Target the enemy archers." I say. "Dad, Artemis, and Apollo, with me. We'll be taking care of the immortals. Everyone, stay ready." Then I taxicab whistle as loud as I can. That earns me a few glares. Bring a friend, I send out.