Banishment and Blessings

Percy's P.O.V.

Life at camp was no longer enjoyable, Percy was no longer able to enjoy himself when Annabeth had left him, she was his everything, the reason he existed. Now that that was gone, he didn't know what to do. He wandered around the camp in a daze, always making sure to turn up to teach the master swordsman class. His main activity for the week was slashing up the training dummies in the arena. The only problem was they didn't move or fight back. No one person in the camp was even a challenge. The entire Ares cabin could barely even make him break a sweat. So Percy slashed up every dummy he could find, constantly training in case he was needed. Percy was no longer the subject of another Great Prophecy. The power of the Oracle of Delphi was still not flowing through Rachel, and as such, no new Great Prophecy had been issued. Percy thought back to when Mark had shown up at camp, it had been one of the worst days of Percy's life because Percy still suspected that Mark had something to do with Annabeth's accepting godhood.

FLASHBACK

Percy had been on guard duty, patrolling for any demigod/satyr duos making their way to the safety of the camp. And sure enough, as if the mere thought of trouble for Percy Jackson summoned it, two figures burst through the treeline followed by two hellhounds. Percy snorted to himself before pulling out Riptide and uncapped it. Really, two hellhounds, that's the best the monsters can do, thought Percy. Percy then rushed into battle, the two hellhounds turned their attention from the unarmed duo to the armed figure rushing towards them, hissing at the sight of the dreaded celestial bronze sword, allowing the demigod and satyr to cross the border to safety, the satyr seemed to have passed out from stress. Hellhound number one foolishly charged Percy, allowing Percy to sidestep and slash downwards, killing hellhound 1. The second hellhound seemed to be more cautious of the bronze sword, maybe recalling the tales of its friends being killed by it. This caused Percy to have to attack first, feinting to the left, then quickly pulling back and striking to the right, the hellhound having fell for it, had dodged to the right, but was still fast enough to dodge a direct hit from the blade, only causing a glancing blow.

The hellhound now was now very mad. It striked to the left, Percy, seeing the attack coming, blocked and counter-attacked after slapping the hellhound's claws to the side. This time, it was a direct hit, connecting with the hellhound's chest, causing it to burst into a fine golden powder.

Suddenly, Percy felt himself get shoved to the side. Was there another monster that had been hiding? Nope, it was just that new demigod, picking up Riptide? By now, the rest of the campers had assembled on Half-Blood Hill, and watched as Percy pulled himself up while the new kid started talking,"Oh my god, did you guys see my kill those two devil dogs, without any training as well, that must be a new record or something. He then turned his eyes to Annabeth, "Hey beautiful, you must have seen my heroics there, how about me and you meet up later and I can tell you more about what happened while that wimp over there sat on his butt." Percy was surprised to see Annabeth blushing with the kid's compliment but was even more surprised when everyone turned to look at me with disapproving glares. "You're kidding right, you really think I would leave the kid to die?" remarked Percy. "Percy, it does look like you left the kid out to dry. How could you, I expected more from the two time Savior of Olympus." said Annabeth. The new kid's eyes widened for a second when he heard the kid he had just conned was a Savior of Olympus.

All of a sudden, a bright blue light was seen above the new kid's head. It had the detail of a lightning bolt surrounded by eagles. The bolt had a crown on top of it. Chiron just motioned to the kid to say his name. "Mark Taylor" replied Mark. "Hail, Mark Taylor, son of Zeus, King of the Gods, ruler of the Sky, and one of the Big Three." announced Chiron. Mark just looked pleased that his daddy was king