War Threats

Percy P.O.V.

I woke up at 7:30, hoping that was enough time to get ready and be at Artemis's tent. After doing my morning routine, I had 10 minutes to walk about ¼ of a mile. Naturally, halfway there, I find myself upside down. Let me explain, I had been walking in a particularly green area of the forest so I didn't notice the rope on the ground. Of course, when stepped on, the rope latched around my ankle and dragged me upside down. Then the hunters came out.

"Hah, the male got caught just as the rest of his species. He got caught like a common animal." says Phoebe, probably still mad I beat Artemis yesterday.

"Ok, ha ha, jokes over now. I have to be at Artemis's tent in 5 minutes so let me down." I say.

"Not so fast Fish Face. We'll let you down when we want to." replies Thalia.

"Did you actually forget about this?" I ask. When they look confused, I just set my hand of fire and set it to the rope. When it burns away, I twisted midar, landing on my feet. The hunters look between angry that I had gotten out of their trap that easily and embarrassed that they had forgotten they I could control fire.

I just walked past them towards Artemis's tent. In their embarrassment/anger, they just let me past. I couldn't resist this though.

"Thals,I would watch out later today if I were you." That snaps her out of her tupor.

"Kelp Head, you're so dead." she says.

I sprint the remaining half mile to Artemis's tent to arrive just seconds before she walks out of her tent.

"Perseus, you're on time." She says it like she's surprised, which she should be. I almost never on time. "Why do you smell like ash, and where are the hunters?" I'm not gonna rat out the hunters, especially since there prank failed anyways.

"I was practicing my fire powers last night. As for the hunters, I don't know? Maybe they're still sleeping?" I suggest.

"Yes, that must be it. Anyways, step into my tent for your chores list." says Artemis.

"Yes mam, Lady Arty." With a glare, she allows me to step into her tent. It looks like it did last time, so she didn't change anything overnight. I'm an idiot.

"First off Perseus, no flirting with my hunters, since you can't do that, you aren't allowed to harm them at all. You have to protect them with your life if necessary. Do you understand?" asks Artemis.

"Pretty sure I already swore this so yeah, why not?" I reply. She just glares again.

"Now for your chores. You are to wake up, make breakfast, then start on laundry. At lunch time, you make lunch. After lunch, you are to sharpen 5,000 arrows in our armory. Then create dinner. Also, your main chore, try not to get killed by the hunters. I want our slave to last as long as possible."

"Nice to know you care Moonbeam."

"Since today you're dueling Thaila, you'll spar after lunch instead of immediately starting on your arrows." says Artemis, ignoring the 'Moonbeam' comment. "Now I suggest you get started on breakfast because we are about to start."

When we walk out of her tent, the hunters are sitting at one long table with bench seats that could probably fit 30 comfortably. Artemis sat at the head of the table with all of the older hunters including Thaila and Phoebe.

"What would you girls like to eat?" I ask.

"Well Perce, since it's your first day, we'll be nice. 4 extra crispy slices of bacon with scrambled eggs and 2 biscuits." said Thaila. The rest nodded their agreement. They watched as I closed my eyes and prepared to summon all the food.