Chapter Eighty-Two

Karly's POV

I woke dramatically from a bad dream. Sweat dripped from the sides of my face. I panted heavily wondering what happened.

I looked around the room noticing I was in the living room and everything was fine now. Hayes and Noah were still napping next to me.

I continued looking around wondering why I was on the couch. Spongebob played from the TV screen but everything else was silent.

I could see the kitchen from the couch. The new dog Poblo was eating Cheerios off the floor. Then the memory started coming back.

I was babysitting Noah with Hayes and we decided to watch TV on the couch. Everyone else left for breakfast.

From the couch I could also see a good view of the window. The snow was falling and landing on the deck.
It looked darker outside like late afternoon.

When we fell asleep it was 10 am.
I picked up Hayes phone off of his lap.
Turning it on I checked the time.

7:45 pm

How? Time flew by fast, we had fell asleep for nine hours and nobody was home yet.

I typed in the passcode on Hayes phone and pulled up his messages.
I pressed the one that said T.Caniff.

(T- Taylor. H-Hayes)

T- sent @9:45 am
"We're going out for breakfast, watch Noah he's in his crib sleeping.

H- sent @9:47 am
"Ok when r u coming back"

T- sent @9:50 am
"Be home in about an hour or two"

H- sent @10:15 am
"It's been like an hour where are you

H- sent @10:39 am
"Tay where r u guys at"
Message read at 10:50 am

I began to worry about where they were. I tried pulling up Matt, Bailey, Cam, and Nash's texts but there was nothing.

I gently pulled Noah's head off of me and placed it on Hayes. Slowly I got off the couch trying not to wake them.

I walked to the front door and looked out the window, dads car wasn't in the drive way. I tip toed to the garage door and opened it trying not to make noises.

The garage was empty besides Cam's Jeep.

I slowly and carefully shut the door without making a noise.
I ran upstairs and opened every room but nobody was up there.

I skipped down the stairs and made my way for the Basement.
I turned on the light and headed down.
Thankfully we got it fixed so it looks like another living room and kitchen and not a creepy old basement.

I looked in the basement living room and kitchen and spare room but nobody is there.
I opened the workout room door and peeked inside seeing nothing but a treadmill, some weights, and other work out things.

When I turned out of the room a face popped into mine.
I screamed and fell backwards.

"Are you okay?" Hayes asked helping me off the ground.

"You scared me bitch" I snarled.

"Sorry, you scared me I couldn't find you" He said giving me a forgiving hug.

"Where is everyone?" I asked still worried.

"I don't know, they were supposed to be home like 8 hours ago" Hayes said biting his bottom lip.

"Where's Noah" I asked.

"In his crib" he explained.

"I'm going to call Cameron" I said slipping my phone out of my pocket.

"Don't bother" he said pushing my phone back into my pocket.

"I already tried calling each of them like 10 times they don't answer" he added.

"Well what are we supposed to do?" I asked concerned.

"Kiss? maybe" he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh please shut up" I said pushing him back.

"What?" he said stupidly.

I glared at him until he wiped the smirk off of his face.

"We can order pizza" he suggested.

"And pay with what money? everyone took their wallets with them" I pointed out.

"Shit" he pouted.

I smiled at his five year old behavior he just pulled off.

" I don't feel like cooking" he said biting his top lip this time.

Dingg dongg

The loud door bell sang.

"I'll get it" we yelled at the same time.
We both raced up the stairs trying to get up there first.

I made it to the door first since Hayes tripped over a dog toy.
The dog crawled over to him and started barking at him.

I pulled the door open.

"Hello Karla" the old lady next door chimed.

"How can I help you" I said wondering why she was here.

"I didn't see any cars in your drive way and I noticed the lights were on inside so I thought I'd help myself to check up on you" She explained.

I looked back at Hayes giving him a look.

"Why is that young man on the floor, doesn't he know its dirty" she pointed.

"Hayes get up" I said pulling him off the ground.

"I'll check on you two again later if I still don't see a car" she smiled.

I don't know I feel about her doing this since we're 17, almost adults." Hayes ran into another room.

"Nash!" he yelled.

"What do you need Hayes" Hayes said in another voice imitating Nash.

"Oh look at that I think Nash is home, we should be fine" I fake chuckled like an adult would.

She turned around and walked through the snow as I slammed the door.

Once she was gone Hayes and I fell onto the floor laughing.

"It worked" he laughed holding his stomach.

"You sounded nothing him" I said without breathing.

"Good thing she's old" he cried.